Ryan Lowe

Good interview - replaced by Rodri when we went up. In full here https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-cult-hero-ryan-lowe-talks-promotion-his-relationship-fans-and-one-day-taking-hillsborough-hotseat-2516595

What a quality find he was - still don’t think he got enough game time, could find back of the net and quality in box, for a 32 year old as well.

Miss the days of our players busting a gut for this club 

I was surprised at how skilful he actually was, for someone who had knocked around the lower leagues for most of his career When he first arrived, I don’t recall ever seeing him play, but just knew his name as a regular goalscorer for a bunch of lower level North West clubs. However, he was a really clever player 

Similarly, Gary Hooper was another I misjudged. Again, I’d seen him for Celtic, where he was a good goalscorer, against some pretty poor opposition. When it was mooted that we might be interested in signing him from Norwich, having lived there, I knew a lot of Norwich fans. They said he was the best finisher at the club, but didn’t do a lot outside of the box. He too, was a very clever player. Perhaps it was just a lack of any real pace that stopped them becoming really great players, although both ended up having a decent career in football

Just one of those players who leave everything on the pitch, sad that we never got to say goodbye.

A fans favourite, for all the right reasons.

I would like to see him do well as a Manager, and wish him luck in his endeavours.

Always thought he deserved a crack in the Championship with us. Strange decision to sell him from Dave Jones. Especially as we replaced him with the likes of Rodri and Mamady Sidibe who both hardly featured. 

It was a good squad that 2011/12 one Megson assembled. Honest, hard working and clearly all were proud to play for the club. Still think we dismantled it too quickly the following summer. They might not have been the most talented, but that was a good team spirit there and as we’ve seen in recent seasons with certain clubs, that can go a long way. 

Just what we needed at the time.  Loved his attitude, commitment, work ethic and as said above, no little skill with a few important goals.  Liked him a lot.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest wilyfox

I was annoyed when he left. I remember he gave an interview on Wednesday Player in pre-season saying the step up to the championship was the biggest challenge in his career, and then days later he was sold. To know that he was axed in favour of a foreign lad that never settled or produced makes it even more frustrating. 

As mentioned, he was the league 1 version of Gary Hooper.
Could probably have made a crack at the league above, but just never had the luck.

Very tidy finisher, bit of an old school forward who didn't have the pace so went out of fashion.

very decent player at league 1 level whether he's manager material at a  higher level I don't know ...did well at bury  with a very good budget and a club Plymouths size you would expect them to be challenging at the top of league 2 …...