What are your thoughts?

47 minutes ago, torres said:

football is a business only when it suits them it seems 

If you’d purchased a product from another business would you be happy to have paid for it but not get it?

I wouldn't class myself as a supporter of these businesses just a customer. 

14 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Bought a product from a mates business today as they've been locked down and can only do takeaways.

Don't normally buy this but I am supporting a mate.

Same with my club.

Hi Lanzarote, I presume your business is under lockdown like many others. 

I would be delighted to help support you as  a member of the OT family.

I am prepared to buy a couple of crates of San Miguel on a take out basis (if this is allowed, as it is in the UK).

Just let me know a price.

Er...... you do provide a free home delivery service don't you?lol

Edited by oldtawnyowl

1 hour ago, torres said:

football is a business only when it suits them it seems 

If you’d purchased a product from another business would you be happy to have paid for it but not get it?

It depends on the context and the business, doesn't it?

We've bought theatre tickets which are now useless, but it seems churlish to ask for a refund and push the company closer to the abyss.

I imagine most Premier League / Championship footballers could afford to stump up for the season ticket refunds out of the spare change they find down the back of their sofas. Particularly after the crap our lot have served up since Christmas, it's the least they could do.

27 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It depends on the context and the business, doesn't it?

We've bought theatre tickets which are now useless, but it seems churlish to ask for a refund and push the company closer to the abyss.

I imagine most Premier League / Championship footballers could afford to stump up for the season ticket refunds out of the spare change they find down the back of their sofas. Particularly after the crap our lot have served up since Christmas, it's the least they could do.

A lot depends on how the clubs go about things once everything resumes 

If it’s an “all in it together” mentality whereby, players, coaching staff, etc take wage reductions in percentage terms to what we as supporters will have been essentially over charged for, then it would be more palatable in my opinion 

If clubs expect supporters to just forget it as we are supporters then it wouldn’t sit right with me 

Having said all this there is a long way to go it seems before we even think about any of this. 

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Hi Lanzarote, I presume your business is under lockdown like many others. 

I would be delighted to help support you as  a member of the OT family.

I am prepared to buy a couple of crates of San Miguel on a take out basis (if this is allowed, as it is in the UK).

Just let me know a price.

Er...... you do provide a free home delivery service don't you?lol

Most of it is in my fridge now mate:biggrin:

6 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Season ticket holders who obviously have strong support for the club asking for a refund?

Kicking the club when it needs our support and understanding through this terrible time.

Bizzarre.

I don't know how you and all other premises will cope in the canaries ,islands where 99% of there trade comes from tourism . I cant see flights or holidays ever been same again maybe a good year or 2 before there back running again ,I hope businesses like yours get plenty of help though im struggling to see how that would be possible for an extended amount of time . it may also be when flights and holidays start again that massive restrictions will be put on over 65s or anyone with health issues ,the insurance costs would probably cost more than a holiday. hopefully you have plenty of beer and spirits at least you have loads of sunshine now that nasty sandstorm has gone which I got caught up in. 

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

I don't know how you and all other premises will cope in the canaries ,islands where 99% of there trade comes from tourism . I cant see flights or holidays ever been same again maybe a good year or 2 before there back running again ,I hope businesses like yours get plenty of help though im struggling to see how that would be possible for an extended amount of time . it may also be when flights and holidays start again that massive restrictions will be put on over 65s or anyone with health issues ,the insurance costs would probably cost more than a holiday. hopefully you have plenty of beer and spirits at least you have loads of sunshine now that nasty sandstorm has gone which I got caught up in. 

Thanks for the sentiment Handworth.

Yes it's going to be a long road back.

Hopefully we'll get to the end.

My thoughts are that this is The S#n so the author is the lowest of the low.

I also think that fuckwit Chansiri has dug his own grave here. There's got to be some readjustment or the one group of fans he actually wants will have ended up paying more than anyone. 

I've paid for it, it hasn't been delivered. Not my problem, it's Chansiri's.