What are your thoughts?

I think fans ought not be demanding immediate refunds, if the season is declared void or remaining matches are played behind closed doors, but clubs should adjust future pricing to take into account matches 'lost ' to supporters this season. For those not wishing to renew a ST they could be given match ticket vouchers to be used at a future date. One immediate impact upon football might be that players have to accept reduced wages as clubs struggle with finances, especially when negotiating new contracts.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

I handed my season ticket to my mate five weeks ago, happy in the thought I would never have to watch monks Wednesday again. If I’m back from my travels before they restart the season I will demand compensation for having to watch the games. 

• Haha 3

I wouldn’t demand money back and would look to getting some benefits next season in return. Maybe make new season ticket include cup games? Would also expect the players to make a gesture, but doubt that would happen.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

I won’t be asking for my money back but it’s a bit rich asking fans not to as football clubs are obscene at all levels by paying their staff (football players rather than other general employees) more than they get in income.

Any business that operates this way deserves all it gets when tough times arrive. Sadly my beloved club SWFC are are no different.

Guest LittleG
35 minutes ago, Striggy said:

I wouldn’t demand money back and would look to getting some benefits next season in return. Maybe make new season ticket include cup games? Would also expect the players to make a gesture, but doubt that would happen.

I'm a season ticket holder and the idea of including cup games as part of the season ticket is good, unfortunately, knowing our luck, we may not see much benefit as we will probably end up getting knocked out in the early round. I don't expect any recompense but like you say, it would be nice to see the players make some sort of gesture. 

3 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Think very carefully about buying a season ticket and weigh out the pro's and cons of having one before deciding.:tango:

good point. 

Im sure we all thought, what happens if some Chinese loony has some dodgy bat soup and the season is cut short, before we purchased our season tickets 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, torres said:

good point. 

Im sure we all thought, what happens if some Chinese loony has some dodgy bat soup and the season is cut short, before we purchased our season tickets 

Exactly.There are far important things in life that need to be adressed.Football is  secondary at this present time.:tango:

not asking for refund either . season needs to be voided now , and see if there is any chance of next season starting in august which id say is extremely unlikely. I don't know how this mess can be sorted . the players all have contracts what were given and signed on each club getting so much revenue and tv money . the greedy b*stards need to agree to a cut or the game they so call love wont be anymore . but somehow doubt they will do that when the likes of ryan gigs did nothing to save bury. im sure if man u played bury at old Trafford and got a few legends involved they could have raised enough money to save that club. this county is going bust ,most small companies /self employed will be finished im not sure how high up the priority will be to save football clubs. 

15 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Season ticket holders who obviously have strong support for the club asking for a refund?

Kicking the club when it needs our support and understanding through this terrible time.

Bizzarre.

football is a business only when it suits them it seems 

If you’d purchased a product from another business would you be happy to have paid for it but not get it?

Edited by torres