Breaking news. Club statement.

4 minutes ago, Dot said:

I wouldn't know

but given that three charges against us have already been shown there is no case to answer...would suggest anyone defending us on the last charge has a good start here

Definitely 

Biggsy reckons it’s in the bag too

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

12 point deduction and we will still do down imo. 

Is this 12pt deduction now as nailed on as Chansiri been found guilty of misconduct was ?

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Actually that’s incorrect.

They weren’t saying the pies were raw they were saying that we told them they were hot but they were actually frazzled and then allowed to go cold.

They now accept that whilst they weren’t hot we didn’t deliberately mislead them because we thought they were hot.

Eloquently put sir

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

12 point deduction and we will still do down imo. 

Have to wait and see what they decide but this is a good start. Hopefully it is done before football returns (whenever that is) and can get on with the job in hand.

From a club perspective obviously the most important charge to us is the one against the club not the charge against the 3 individuals. So many people on social media seem to think this means all charges have been dropped and we are in the clear. Very far from it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

From a club perspective obviously the most important charge to us is the one against the club not the charge against the 3 individuals. So many people on social media seem to think this means all charges have been dropped and we are in the clear. Very far from it. 

Wrong , a misconduct charge against Chansiri could’ve seen the owner banned from football , you know ... the geezer that pays the bills so I’d argue that was the most important charge !  That was clearly without merit 

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Wrong , a misconduct charge against Chansiri could’ve seen the owner banned from football , you know ... the geezer that pays the bills so I’d argue that was the most important charge !  That was clearly without merit 

could it have forced him in to selling us though? A point deduction that puts us in league one would be devastating for the club and fans imo. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

could it have forced him in to selling us though? A point deduction that puts us in league one would be devastating for the club and fans imo. 

Who knows, selling the club takes time , who pays the bills while the current owners banned ?   

As people have rightly said this just means that no charges are being brought against the three people not the club. 

But unfortunately that doesn't help us one bit I dont think as I believe there charges related to falsifying accounts. They have emails saying they were ok to do it. So they are rightly let off. 

However we still broke FFP and overvalued our stadium to try to rectify that fact.

We will still be punished for this. But with what is going on and the league being suspended at the moment it will be adjourned for 12 months I think.

4 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Interesting this can only be good news toward the club charge?

It’s hard to tell because we just don’t know the details of the argument being put forward by the EFL.  The withdrawal of the personal charges might be a strategic move by the EFL. Sometimes lesser charges are removed if they are seen to be weakening the argument for the main charge; if this was the case, it would make things worse for the club. 

Seems like the EFL is trying to cut its losses.

It can’t just drop all charges as it will enrage Boro and Hull.

But equally if it can’t win, it won’t want a defeat on all counts. So better to drop some of them now.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.