Breaking news. Club statement.

If the EFL have dropped all charges how come the Club will continue to defend all charges

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This is critical to understand 

Twitter and Facebook is going mad with fans thinking the club has totally beaten the EFL

We haven’t 

So what is the Club in this context?

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, mogbad said:

So presumably the arbitration panel has decided that the club has a case to answer.

Bit unclear as to whether it is still at that stage - just the last sentence saying about the charges against the Club will proceed

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

I have a feeling that a deal has been agreed between the EFL and Chansiri. Clearly we have not won arbitration, otherwise it wouldn't be going to a hearing. 

Yep I can go with that argument 

Presumably there will be an EFL statement in due course which may give their view

9 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Not much has changed then apart from individual charges against Chansiri, Miere & Redgrave?

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Remind me again what the charges directly against the club were ?

The club is a legal entity in it's own right so basically that we had breached the FFP rules 

People need to be clear on this and most of you aren’t.

The charges against the club are for breach of FFP.

i cannot see how this changes at all with this statement.

Maximum penalty 12 points.

Additionally, the Directors and the club (and I cant remember the exact phrasing and terminology) were also charged with basically trying to deliberately deceive the EFL. For which we could’ve got an additional 9 points.

Youd think their case in that regard is possibly weak as they’ve dropped the charges against the Directors.

we could still easily get up to 12 points.

Indeed we may have made a deal in this regard.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

EFL are on the ropes,  and also I think that means the charges against the club will proceed to an arbitration hearing because you can’t vigorously defend an Independent panel hearing the decision is final is it not ?

10 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

I have a feeling that a deal has been agreed between the EFL and Chansiri. Clearly we have not won arbitration, otherwise it wouldn't be going to a hearing. 

Couldn't the arbitration be a hearing? 

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

People need to be clear on this and most of you aren’t.

The charges against the club are for breach of FFP.

i cannot see how this changes at all with this statement.

Maximum penalty 12 points.

Additionally, the Directors and the club (and I cant remember the exact phrasing and terminology) were also charged with basically trying to deliberately deceive the EFL. For which we could’ve got an additional 9 points.

Youd think their case in that regard is possibly weak as they’ve dropped the charges against the Directors.

we could still easily get up to 12 points.

Indeed we may have made a deal in this regard.

Good summary 

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is critical to understand 

Twitter and Facebook is going mad with fans thinking the club has totally beaten the EFL

We haven’t 

No we haven’t but perhaps this shows the EFL’s case is not as strong as a lot thought it was? A step in the right direction IMO?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

9 minutes ago, mogbad said:

So presumably the arbitration panel has decided that the club has a case to answer.

I think arbitration means that both parties come to a legally binding agreement, if they cant then it goes to the next level

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

This is the first step 

I can’t see them pursuing any further with our case and in all honesty - whats going on right now is x10000 more important and they will be all on dealing with that

I concur

given the ongoing situation can you imagine the EFL fining us millions or effectively relegating us

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

This is the first step 

I can’t see them pursuing any further with our case and in all honesty - whats going on right now is x10000 more important and they will be all on dealing with that

Definitely looks that way

Although you could imagine the likes of Boro etc trying legal action if we are let off

Owlstalk Shop