Weekend Football Fix

Over here in Australia the A-League is bravely, or irresponsibly, pushing on. Clubs are self isolating in the belief that they're all virus clear and there's football to be played. Unfortunately the NZ based Wellington Phoenix have been forced to self isolate for 14 days until re joining the competition. That means all you Gary Hooper fans will have to wait a few weeks to see his silky skills in front of goal. But fear not we've still got the likes of Wes Hoolahan and Neil Kilkenny is action this weekend. The match of the round is the much anticipated harbour city derby between Western Sydney Wanderers and the Adam Le Fondre led Sydney FC. Kick off Saturday 08:30am UK time. What a time to be alive !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I've taken to watching highlights of our games from the early 90s and pretending I still support a top team.

There's nobody else in this hermetically sealed bunker to tell me otherwise.

I've started to do that though but it's been counter productive.

Watching the silky skills of Waddle and co have got me so overcome and excited that I'm running out of bog roll, if you know what I mean.....anybody know where I can buy some?

17 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Watching the silky skills of Waddle and co have got me so overcome and excited that I'm running out of bog roll, if you know what I mean.....anybody know where I can buy some?

Did they say to use your sleeve???

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nswowl said:

Over here in Australia the A-League is bravely, or irresponsibly, pushing on. Clubs are self isolating in the belief that they're all virus clear and there's football to be played. Unfortunately the NZ based Wellington Phoenix have been forced to self isolate for 14 days until re joining the competition. That means all you Gary Hooper fans will have to wait a few weeks to see his silky skills in front of goal. But fear not we've still got the likes of Wes Hoolahan and Neil Kilkenny is action this weekend. The match of the round is the much anticipated harbour city derby between Western Sydney Wanderers and the Adam Le Fondre led Sydney FC. Kick off Saturday 08:30am UK time. What a time to be alive !

Hasn't Hooper been self isolating himself since the start of the season over there like he did with us for all but 3 years.

Why do clubs keep falling for it and offering him contracts he is never fit.

• Like 1

Match of the Day returns to BBC One on Saturday

At 16:00 GMT, Guy Mowbray unearths some memorable games, including Watford v Arsenal from 1987 and the 1978 match between West Bromwich Albion and Nottingham Forest, in the first part of his FA Cup quarter-final classics.

The second part, which features Everton v Ipswich in 1985, Derby v Sheffield Wednesday in 1993 and Manchester United v Portsmouth in 2008, is on BBC One on Sunday at 16:40 GMT.

• Thanks 1

Got a good feeling about this one

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

At 16:00 GMT, Guy Mowbray unearths some memorable games, including Watford v Arsenal from 1987 and the 1978 match between West Bromwich Albion and Nottingham Forest, in the first part of his FA Cup quarter-final classics.

The second part, which features Everton v Ipswich in 1985, Derby v Sheffield Wednesday in 1993 and Manchester United v Portsmouth in 2008, is on BBC One on Sunday at 16:40 GMT.

10 hours ago, Nswowl said:

Any streams ??  FFS  lol 

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Why don’t they show our games against Arsenal form 1979? There’s enough of them to take us to the end of the coronavirus crisis.:rolleyes:

Edited by Pablo Bonvin