If the season is extended beyond june

14 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

What will happen re all of our players who's contracts run out? 

I imagine they will expire unless a player agrees to extend (and I'm sure some will, especially at teams who have something to play for, where nice bonuses could be included for good measure).

At the end of the day, it's about football clubs finishing the season, not players.

45 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

What will happen re all of our players who's contracts run out? 

that's why its totally unrealistic to have the season run after june 30th . a lot of players will have agreed a contract already to join another club on july 1st , it wouldn't be a level playing field if a club on july 1st lost over half there squad  and was expected to play this seasons 9 games with junior players while another club had multi million pound signings available . football is about money and greed , if sky/bt want 20% of money back for incomplete season then the players who aint played since early march need to have a big cut in there wages ,legally id imagine the gov may have to intervene otherwise we wont have a football league.

The club may offer short term - weekly or monthly contracts.

The club may offer some a year extension - I don't see many that we'd want that for, but maybe someone like Lee definately.

I would suggest a lot of players would accept if they were financially motivated, if not then - well we play youngsters.

Youngsters out of contract is simple, you resign.   The cost is comparatively cheap so it's not a gamble.

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

The club may offer short term - weekly or monthly contracts.

The club may offer some a year extension - I don't see many that we'd want that for, but maybe someone like Lee definately.

I would suggest a lot of players would accept if they were financially motivated, if not then - well we play youngsters.

Youngsters out of contract is simple, you resign.   The cost is comparatively cheap so it's not a gamble.

On increased terms for a short term contract as they hold all the cards