Ole Guy Whittingham.....we were signing after his 2 goals at Everton on his debut on Boxing day 94! 

• Like 1

A useful player for us. Scored some useful goals such as the one at Liverpool.

If you have a minute - look at these highlights. We dominated them. Whittingham scores too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guy Whittingham was a slightly limited player but my god had as heart as big as a lion. 
Seemed to get many big goals in games around that era. Remember him best for his goal away at Newcastle in August 1996 when we went top of the league, I went ape s*** and was shaking with the excitement when the final whistle went.

I'm not sure whether the timing of the OP is intended, or purely coincidental, but yesterday Peter Whittingham (unrelated) passed away at the age of 35.

RIP Peter Whittingham

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

I'm not sure whether the timing of the OP is intended, or purely coincidental, but yesterday Peter Whittingham (unrelated) passed away at the age of 35.

RIP Peter Whittingham

I thought they exact same. Has it been done to not confuse others ? 

Also it hasn't been confirmed about Peter Whittingham

Edited by WAWAWUTO17

I quite liked Guy Whittingham, played out of position on the right side of midfield but did a decent job. Also responsible for one of the worst celebrations of all time with what can only be described as a 'funny little jump and point'.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

MerlinCards_68.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Underrated striker at the club for sure..

Those sleeves....

Remember being excited we'd signed someone who'd bagged 42 goals in a season for Portsmouth but not really done much at Villa one in five man used all over.

Then came here had a cracking debut before spending the rest of his time as a hard working but steady midfielder.

Loved him and his celebration tributes to other players. Always remember his Mick Channon! 

1 hour ago, Albertowl said:

RIP Peter Whittingham

No he did not.

5 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

No he did not.

Apologies - lots of press this morning and tweets from ex colleagues saying differently.  Good news if not the case.

2 hours ago, Albertowl said:

Apologies - lots of press this morning and tweets from ex colleagues saying differently.  Good news if not the case.

Serious head injury after falling down some stairs for Peter Whittingham, so I believe.

Posted (edited)

Ah yes Whittingham like Stefanovic, two underrated players who could come in to a variety of systems and positions whilst having that knack for scoring important goals.

Wilson had a good team there. He only needed a Target man replacement for Andy Booth and a long-term successor to Des Walker. However, both GW and DS became victims of Wilson "wanting to move the team to another level" and ceremoniously dispensed and replaced with... I don't even want to go there.

It took Big Ron just half a season to stablise and knock up a decent team together. It took Wilson a transfer window to knock it all down again. Talk about Richards cutting his nose off to spite his face when giving Atkinson the heave ho.

Edited by pussface

17 minutes ago, Strings said:

Serious head injury after falling down some stairs for Peter Whittingham, so I believe.

Fell over in a pub in Barry, apparently, according to the BBC News website - you can read into that what you want !

"Corporal punishment"