Jordan Rhodes value plummets

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Interesting though that Fletcher-Nuhiu is also a highly effective partnership. Goal every 40 minutes.

Means nothing. You need to consider so many other things for this to be considered significant. This statistic is as unreliable as your Fletcher-Rhodes one. 

6 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I honestly see your point, for me I think we as a team do not play to his strengths, he is very ineffective in our set up and was a complete waste of money.

He is class on his day but his day's for Sheffield Wednesday have been very far and few between and this has to be bang up there with the Abdi transfer as the worst signing in the Chansirir era.

Unfortunately, gone are the days of building a team around a single player and we no longer see many goal poachers in the style of Rhodes. 

7 minutes ago, shandypants said:

You’re that one using stats to back your argument and you’re not even using stats legitimately. You’d get lambasted by your peers if you were a statistician and if you were using those stats in a court case, you’d be instructed to remove them. 

What; like this from his previous thread on this giddy fantasy?

On 22/02/2020 at 11:28, steveraper said:

I teach Statistics. Is it OK if I use this as a class example of how to use selective statistics to "prove" a non-existent relationship?

On 22/02/2020 at 13:28, steveraper said:

Your sample is just too small to make any comparisons:

You include one game where Rhodes scored 3 goals, he's scored zero the rest of the season. Exclude that game and what's the ratio? Whatever it is, it's based on less than two full games of play. 

Do the same for Dawson/Fletcher and Westwood/Fletcher - Dawson and Fletcher make a much better partnership than Westwood / Fletcher. Therefore, don't pick Westwood if Fletcher is playing.

Fletcher and Rhodes together against teams in the second half of the alphabet have a goal in about 20% of the time as against teams in the first half of the alphabet. Therefore, only pick them together when playing teams in the second half of the alphabet.

I could probably find lots more of these. Sorry.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

What; like this from his previous thread on this giddy fantasy?

You need to look back.

The stats teacher didn’t see that Id looked at all 3 seasons. He thought Id only used this season’s games.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I begin to wonder if you are a teensy weensy bit biased here.

All the previous arguments still apply for the same reasons. That one post about the unusual scoring runs for Lawrie Madden, Andy Pearce, Dominic Iorfa etc all by itself puts what you're suggesting into context. 

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Watch the video. He does absolutely nothing remarkable. The defenders should be asking themselves questions though, just ambling back idly like that.

He ghosts in on the blindside of the defender, only those with a primary school level understanding of strikers couldn't see that.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

As I stated earlier, endlessly we heard how Rhodes would give us the goals Nuhiu could not. Aren't you at all humbled that the opposite actually happened to some degree? And that is the only thing he was supposed to be bringing. When you introduce all the other aspects of the role of a forward, one needs binoculars to discern the gap between the two. 

Nuhiu is a reasonable reserve option for us, and no more than that; unfairly lambasted by those with a primary school level understanding of strikers that doesn't go much beyond numbers. If we can get better in the summer, then I have no problem with him being released.

Had Rhodes been an unheralded signing from a non-league team, he would have been rejected a long time ago. Only the financial burden and that historic reputation has saved him from the volume of abuse that his colleague has received. But if you don't believe me, ask why every manager we've had has not played him much (even getting rid of him altogether for one season) or why other clubs have shown little interest in picking up someone we are obviously desperate to get rid of.

Other clubs have shown interest including one that he helped to promotion last year, Also the Champions of Scotland showed interest but our Chairman put paid to this which also explains why he has been frozen out.

6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

He ghosts in on the blindside of the defender, only those with a primary school level understanding of strikers couldn't see that.

In that case, I ghosted in on the blindside of a train the other day. I'm deadly like that.

:dry:

56 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

He doesn’t do that often enough though does he? One swallow doesn’t make a summer. 

3 hours ago, shandypants said:

He doesn’t do that often enough though does he? One swallow doesn’t make a summer. 

Losing 1-0 to Brentford, Rhodes replaces Nuhiu and we start to stretch them and end up winning 2-1.

Starts against Derby the next game and leaves the field as were 1-0 up. His replacement Nuhiu has no impact and we end up conceding a late equaliser.

Starts the next game at Forest and scores the complette Hatrick as we win 4-0.Probably our best performance of the season.Unfortunately Fletcher gets injured.

Starts the next game against Bristol City and we win again and rise to third in the table.

One more start and we lose at Stoke who get 2 late goals after Rhodes is subbed off.

He doesn't start again and our form plummets.

Maybe we should give Fletcher and Rhodes another go.

12 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Losing 1-0 to Brentford, Rhodes replaces Nuhiu and we start to stretch them and end up winning 2-1.

Starts against Derby the next game and leaves the field as were 1-0 up. His replacement Nuhiu has no impact and we end up conceding a late equaliser.

Starts the next game at Forest and scores the complette Hatrick as we win 4-0.Probably our best performance of the season.Unfortunately Fletcher gets injured.

Starts the next game against Bristol City and we win again and rise to third in the table.

One more start and we lose at Stoke who get 2 late goals after Rhodes is subbed off.

He doesn't start again and our form plummets.

Maybe we should give Fletcher and Rhodes another go.

That’s five instances out of Rhodes’ entire career at SWFC. As I said, he doesn’t do it enough. 

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

That’s five instances out of Rhodes’ entire career at SWFC. As I said, he doesn’t do it enough. 

No it’s not.

Similar story alongside Fletcher across his three seasons.

No it’s not.

Similar story alongside Fletcher across his three seasons.

Yes it is. There’s a reason that he doesn’t get picked on a consistent basis and was sent out to another team. He’s ineffective and just not good enough. He gets a run every now and then but never takes his chance. 

I would love Rhodes to prove me wrong (because that would mean we’re scoring goals) but that’s not going to happen because he is the biggest expensive flop in SWFC’s long history. 

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Yes it is. There’s a reason that he doesn’t get picked on a consistent basis and was sent out to another team. He’s ineffective and just not good enough. He gets a run every now and then but never takes his chance. 

I would love Rhodes to prove me wrong (because that would mean we’re scoring goals) but that’s not going to happen because he is the biggest expensive flop in SWFC’s long history. 

We've hardly pulled up any trees since he's ben out of the team. But our form when he was in it was very good.

21 minutes ago, shandypants said:

“Ineffective” flatters him overall here.

But sorry, you are totally blinkered. He is / we are unbelievably effective with Fletcher.

“Ineffective” flatters him overall here.

But sorry, you are totally blinkered. He is / we are unbelievably effective with Fletcher.

You’re deluded mate. If he was as good as you’re making him out he’d be playing every week. 

I can’t be bothered - I’m out. I’ll leave you to your delusion. You keep on telling yourself how good Rhodes is and keep banging the drum for the Fletcher-Rhodes pairing. I don’t think many will join you.