NFL 2020 (Covid notwithstanding)

A very strange feeling today for me. Been a Bills fan for 17 years. This is only the third time i've seen them in the playoffs (all in the last 4 years), and this time it's different. We're not the plucky underdogs who are just happy to be taking part. We're divisional champs, #2 seeds, home team, -6.5 favourites. Plenty would argue a genuine Super Bowl contender. It's quite surreal, and quite frankly it makes me very uneasy. 

It's a bit like with Wednesday - history has taught me to expect the bubble to burst any second when things are going well. I'd like think we have enough to win today, but who knows. Any given Sunday Saturday and all that.

The comfort I take is that we're a franchise built on very stable foundations right now. Brandon Beane is a genius. McDermott has been a god send. We're in capable hands for years to come, so even if it goes south this afternoon, i'm confident we'll be back again on a regular basis.

Still, it would be bloody lovely to win today. An actual playoff win. Imagine.

• Like 1

Just about recovered after that. Hard work on the nerves. 

Hoping for a Steelers win tonight. Not that I think they’re an ‘easy’ opponent at all, but I think the matchup suits us better than the Raven or Titans. 

1 hour ago, TheGodfather said:

Just about recovered after that. Hard work on the nerves. 

Hoping for a Steelers win tonight. Not that I think they’re an ‘easy’ opponent at all, but I think the matchup suits us better than the Raven or Titans. 

Well... enjoy your game against the Browns... :duntmatter:

Today is a sad day in packers land. It’s quite possibly the final game for Mitch turbisky in a bears jersey, although I am looking forward to see who the next bears QB is too throw to our secondary. BRING BACK JAY CUTLER.

Man, what a start. Pretty much set the tempo for the game didn’t it.

About time the Browns did something. They’ve had 400 draft picks in the last few years (about 50 in the first round), a billion dollars in cap space, and done naff all with it up to now.

• Like 1
On 09/01/2021 at 13:01, TheGodfather said:

The comfort I take is that we're a franchise built on very stable foundations right now. Brandon Beane is a genius. McDermott has been a god send. We're in capable hands for years to come, so even if it goes south this afternoon, i'm confident we'll be back again on a regular basis

Don't count on it

4 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but that punt at the end of the 3rd on 4th & 1...I bet Tomlin wishes he had that back. 

As the Tomlinism goes 'I refuse to live in my fears'. Hmmm OK Mike.