NFL 2020 (Covid notwithstanding)

1 hour ago, TheGodfather said:

KC off to a stinker. Mahomes playing pitch and catch with the Dolphins D. 

Not convinced you can just take FGs when KC hand you the ball though. Surely he gets his head in the game sooner rather than later?

Good luck in the game tonight. Definitely think Bills are the favourites here. Steelers absolutely stink on offense at the moment and have a few notable defensive injuries piled up. 

9 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Good luck in the game tonight. Definitely think Bills are the favourites here. Steelers absolutely stink on offense at the moment and have a few notable defensive injuries piled up. 

I’d say we’re slight favourites as well, but it’s close. Shame we don’t have the advantage of a home crowd - it would have been rowdy. Both teams a different proposition to when we played this time last year. 

Chance for either team to make a statement about whether they need to be taken really seriously in the AFC. A loss for either team not the end of the world though.

Not sure it was necessarily a 'statement' from us, but I think that puts us firmly into the conversation of 'who has the best chance of stopping KC in the AFC?'. 

Barring a total collapse, that also wraps up the AFC East for the first time since '95. If/when we do, they can finally stop putting up those graphics showing how a team no longer even in our division any more (Colts) has won it more recently than us. 

• Like 1
On 14/12/2020 at 19:18, TheGodfather said:

Not sure it was necessarily a 'statement' from us, but I think that puts us firmly into the conversation of 'who has the best chance of stopping KC in the AFC?'. 

Barring a total collapse, that also wraps up the AFC East for the first time since '95. If/when we do, they can finally stop putting up those graphics showing how a team no longer even in our division any more (Colts) has won it more recently than us. 

Nice solid performance. Would like some teams to step up and look like challenging KC. Steelers, Bills, Titans and Browns still don't look like it for me. But in a one off game maybe someone can. 

On 14/12/2020 at 19:18, TheGodfather said:

My favourite fact in football 😔

1 hour ago, southportdc said:

It's like the rest of the league collectively realised in December the Steelers just aren't that good. 

Steelers playing like the Jets now. Worse in offense than any team in the NFL. Quite a contrast from the first half of the season. Aah well at least we actually made the play offs this year instead of falling at the final hurdle. Be a nice blowout for whoever gets them in the first round. 

Steelers resting their starters may just make life a bit easier for us, and as a result for the Dolphins too. Only reason for us to play our starters this week would be to maintain the #2 seed, but if the Steelers are essentially OK to concede the game against the Browns then we have no reason to play our starters either. 

6 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

Steelers resting their starters may just make life a bit easier for us, and as a result for the Dolphins too. Only reason for us to play our starters this week would be to maintain the #2 seed, but if the Steelers are essentially OK to concede the game against the Browns then we have no reason to play our starters either. 

Guess its a bit of that but more essentially its more to do with us not really having a bye week all season and having to be moved around a lot. Some of the older heads definitely felling it. Ben was needing a rest. I think a grudge match agaibst Cleveland was one to be avoided. And we've beaten all of Colts, ravens twice and Browns so a play off match up against those isn't scary. Although any could comfortably beat us for sure aswell  

On 08/09/2020 at 10:57, TheEnchanter said:

Season predictions? 7 team play offs should make it more interesting. 

AFC North Ravens 

AFC East Bills

AFC South Titans

AFC West Chiefs

NFC North Vikings

NFC East Cowboys

NFC South Saints

NFC West Seahawks

Play Offs AFC Steelers, Patriots, Colts

Play Offs NFC Packers, Buccaneers, 49ers

Superbowl head Chiefs v Saints

Superbowl heart Steelers v Bucaneers (Tom Brady crying)

Got a few right and a few wrong. Surprises this season were Browns finally doing it, washington football team and the NFC East in general. 

Onto the play offs then. Predictions? 

Bills beat Colts

Titans beat Ravens 

Steelers beat Browns

Saints beat Bears 

Buccs beat Washington 

Seahawks beat Rams

The AFC has been the weaker league for a while, but all 7 playoff teams have at least 11 wins this year - that's a strong old lineup. Not a single 'easy' game, unlike over in the NFC (WFT, Bears).

Hoping that home advantage can play some part because we'll need every possible edge to get past any combo of the Colts + one other just to reach the AFC Championship game.

On 01/12/2020 at 21:10, TheGodfather said:

I did think after the game was done - Brian Daboll could be a shout for your next HC. I bet he gets an interview. 

Not suggesting he’d be a good (or bad) hire. He just seems to tick a lot of boxes.

Not a question of whether he gets an interview anymore. Jets already have their request in. I expect almost every team looking for a HC to interview Daboll now. 

Gut feeling is it’s between the Chargers and the Jags if he was to go. 

4 hours ago, gazzatheowl said:

Interesting stat. Aaron Rodgers had more TD passes than Green Bay had punts this season. 

If you include his 8 rushing TDs, I believe this is also true for Allen vs. Bojorquez and the Bills. 

The QB play at the very top has been unbelievable this year. Rodgers will likely be MVP, but there’s at least two QBs not winning it this year that would be an almost dead cert shoe in to win it in any other season in recent years. 

And you could throw Henry in there too for MVP consideration, even if you apply the non-QB tax that seems to be applied to every seasonal or Super Bowl MVP award.