BIG D

Pause Your Sky Sports Subscription

I had a similar prob with AOL yonks ago. Impossible to cancel.

Was advised to 'lose' my bank card, informed my bank, they sent another, new pin, new number.

AOL contacted me 10 nano seconds after the tried to take monthly payment...err, your card has expired please update payment details....

Yeah reyt course I will.

I phoned earlier this afternoon and got through.  I just ignored the "we are not accepting calls right now" and continued to hold until the various options were given.  Got trhough after about a 2 minute hold and paused the subscription.

16 hours ago, james o connor said:

Best thing about this mess . Hopefully sky go bust 

What an utterly shameful and moronic comment to make...hopefully we all still have companies and jobs at the end of this calamity including Sky and the 1000s of people that work for Sky directly and indirectly.

• Like 1

Watch UK Gold instead, Only Fools and Horses, almost 24 hours a day.

Luvely Jubbly. lol

1 hour ago, Kevan said:

I phoned earlier this afternoon and got through.  I just ignored the "we are not accepting calls right now" and continued to hold until the various options were given.  Got trhough after about a 2 minute hold and paused the subscription.

Thank you mate

Good to hear this works

On 17/03/2020 at 21:11, Costello 77 said:

I'm owed £75 by a theatre that can't fulfill..they have supported the arts so they are welcome to it..

I am owed hundreds of Saturday afternoons ruined by SWFC. Imagine this will become the new PPI with thousands claiming.:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

On 18/03/2020 at 06:27, james o connor said:

Best thing about this mess . Hopefully sky go 

Agreed

if you call 0333 100 0333 and follow the instructions you will get through. It does say waiting time 1 hour but I was answered within 2 minutes and all sorted five minutes later.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mark1948 said:

if you call 0333 100 0333 and follow the instructions you will get through. It does say waiting time 1 hour but I was answered within 2 minutes and all sorted five minutes later.

Thanks Mark that worked perfectly. Two minutes and all sorted.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Cancel the DD -paused for as long as you want :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 17/03/2020 at 21:11, Costello 77 said:

I'm owed £75 by a theatre that can't fulfill..they have supported the arts so they are welcome to it..

I've just moved to a new job in the arts and without such fantastic generosity like this I'm not really sure how long we'll be collecting a full wage (even though I'm still doing my job in full working from home). Thank you!

12 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I've just moved to a new job in the arts and without such fantastic generosity like this I'm not really sure how long we'll be collecting a full wage (even though I'm still doing my job in full working from home). Thank you!

You're more than welcome.

Keep up the good work!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mark1948 said:

I’ve just done this via this number. But never actually got to speak to anyone - but via a AI “robot”. It recognised my postcode and asked if I wanted to pause SkySports. All via a voice computer.

The voice computer said  it was ‘“done”. It said I could still access all the 11 channels for free until the “action” started again, when the pause would automatically be lifted. 

I have 

Sky Sports pack - £28

Sky Sports HD - £6.00

As well as Sky HD for the other channels - £5.00

Not really satisfactory though because I couldn't confirm if it had cancelled both the Sports Pack and the HD Sports option.

It’s no use having the HD option without the Sport IMO. But I suspect the “free action” gives them justification for retaining the HD component.

I’ll check my bill and cancel the £6.00 component till if it’s still on.

Has anyone cancelled BTSport? Is that PAYG or for the lifetime of the broadband contract?

I pay £12:00 a month - mainly for the M/C Grand Prix coverage. Don’t take HD though.

Spent an hour on the phone waiting to speak to someone to cancel my BTSport subscription. Can’t be done online.

I pay £16:00 a month (not HD) but it wasn’t linked to my Bt broadband contract, it was separate.

You have to give a months notice - so it won’t stop until 18th April, but I’m still paying up to then.

He offers a months credit note - but I declined.

18 hours ago, bradowl said:

Luvely Jubbly. lol

Have they shown the episode featuring the Owls Trust? 

maxresdefault.jpg.4eee245342017a5dbe2b6b654cc7b7a2.jpg

• Haha 4

Just cancelled Sky sports via the no. given on here . Took 5 mins , spoke to an actual person , no hassle , job done .

18 hours ago, bradowl said:

Luvely Jubbly. lol

Plenty of Fools on OT,But not enough horses.:tango:

18 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Just cancelled Sky sports via the no. given on here . Took 5 mins , spoke to an actual person , no hassle , job done .

cancelled or paused?

So you still get the sports channels?