Jump to content
@owlstalk

EFL clubs vote to finish the season off

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Loxley Owl said:

What a stupid decision to make now.

 

It is clearly going to be months before the football can resume.

 

They should be looking at this when things look like they may be returning to normal, not after 1 postponed match.

 

Right now even if the rest of the season was binned immediately, I strongly doubt next season would be able to begin in August.

Football at it's best. Just thinking of themselves as usual

It really is in the gutter now. The sport of the selfish

Clubs and local businesses going to the wall while players are still paid 50, 100, 200 grand a week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

How can anyone play after 1st June if out of contract? No insurance, free to play for anyone,...!? Wont happen imo

2 options only for me

1. Nul and void

2. Base the final positions on the series of games when we played everyone once

I vote for number 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Football at it's best. Just thinking of themselves as usual

It really is in the gutter now. The sport of the selfish

Clubs and local businesses going to the wall while players are still paid 50, 100, 200 grand a week

It's the clubs that have voted for it. They're in line with UEFA who also want to finish the season  - they say by June 30. Given how long restrictions are likely to last that seems very optimistic but there's no need to rush into any final decision and no need to hit peak miffdom just yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It's the clubs that have voted for it. They're in line with UEFA who also want to finish the season  - they say by June 30. Given how long restrictions are likely to last that seems very optimistic but there's no need to rush into any final decision and no need to hit peak miffdom just yet.  

It's just football. It stinks.

 

If i didn't love Wednesday then it could just do one for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

It's just football. It stinks.

 

If i didn't love Wednesday then it could just do one for me

Yep it's just football. And I genuinely don't see what the issue is with finishing the season if they can. It's by far the neatest solution if it's possible.

 

I work in a sector that has half completed projects. Should we just shelve them altogether or wait to see whether we can finish them? Football isn't saying they're going to press on and put lives at risk - they've shown no signs of that. Quite why people are getting angry about it is a mystery to me. The jigsaw has been thrown up in the air. We just have to wait to see how the pieces land to see how much rebuilding is required and what will remain intact. If they can't finish the season they won't. Why do we need to know now? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Whenever football starts again will be talk of coming together and putting petty differences aside and 2 weeks later it will all back to normal.

Even at Chansiri prices think first game after this crisis will be a sell out, think after all this is over many people will have a lump in their throat when we manage to kick off again.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

. If you'd ever "been" with a woman or man you'd know coitus interruptus is something to be avoided if at all possible. 

 

:1276983839_MonkHome:

 

 

I always go on my own. There ain't enough room for two to sit down, FFS.

 

 

 

I'll get me coit us   :tango:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Yep it's just football. And I genuinely don't see what the issue is with finishing the season if they can. It's by far the neatest solution if it's possible.

 

I work in a sector that has half completed projects. Should we just shelve them altogether or wait to see whether we can finish them? Football isn't saying they're going to press on and put lives at risk - they've shown no signs of that. Quite why people are getting angry about it is a mystery to me. The jigsaw has been thrown up in the air. We just have to wait to see how the pieces land to see how much rebuilding is required and what will remain intact. If they can't finish the season they won't. Why do we need to know now? 

Really?

Chairman threatening to sue if the season isn't finished just because they have a chance of getting promoted

etc etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep really. Let’s see how it all plays out. It may be UEFA who decide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The start of the new season is around 4 - 4½ months away. With the suspension of matches until the end of April that reduces it to around 3 months. To finish this season by playing matches it would mean pretty much starting the next after finishing this.

Edited by darra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Blue and white said:

It won't finish there because the bottom 3 clubs will want to see justice done to the teams who have broken the FFP rules.

This is one big shittymess.

 

That could see us voting against ourselves, surely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glastonbury held at the end of June has been cancelled....no chance football will start back up this season. We will be lucky to get next season underway at some point this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Really?

Chairman threatening to sue if the season isn't finished just because they have a chance of getting promoted

etc etc etc

 

There's a lot fake news going around, it's all for clicks, latest Sun headline is.... Premier League clubs 'face £750m fine from Sky Sports and BT Sport'  

 

Some of crap I've seen with headlines over this Coronavirus are unbelievable,  they are just doing it for clicks and some folks believe it which scares crap out of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

There's a lot fake news going around, it's all for clicks, latest Sun headline is.... Premier League clubs 'face £750m fine from Sky Sports and BT Sport'  

 

Some of crap I've seen with headlines over this Coronavirus are unbelievable,  they are just doing it for clicks and some folks believe it which scares crap out of them. 

 

Sensationalist headlines about football is one thing but in a lot of cases the media have acted awfully in the Coronavirus. 
Piers Morgan wants shooting for his hysteria. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Piers Morgan wants shooting for his hysteria. 

 

Or applauding for bringing important subjects to the attention of the people

 

lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Piers Morgan wants shooting for his hysteria. 

Which is a pretty hysterical comment.

WTF:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Yep really. Let’s see how it all plays out. It may be UEFA who decide. 


 Brilliant , another organisation of incompetent corrupt morons 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:


 Brilliant , another organisation of incompetent corrupt morons 

How do you get through the day?  I pity the toaster that burns your toast. I think we have to cut everybody a bit of slack at the moment.

:Chansiri:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted unanimously to have a threesome with Kirsty Gallagher and Lindsey Hipgrave (blonde / brunette combo).

 

Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bulldog said:

You do know there's a generation of younger people on here who will have no idea what you are talking about :biggrin:


What are you on about? We know what WiFi is :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...