EFL clubs vote to finish the season off

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Football at it's best. Just thinking of themselves as usual

It really is in the gutter now. The sport of the selfish

Clubs and local businesses going to the wall while players are still paid 50, 100, 200 grand a week

It's the clubs that have voted for it. They're in line with UEFA who also want to finish the season  - they say by June 30. Given how long restrictions are likely to last that seems very optimistic but there's no need to rush into any final decision and no need to hit peak miffdom just yet.  

12 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It's the clubs that have voted for it. They're in line with UEFA who also want to finish the season  - they say by June 30. Given how long restrictions are likely to last that seems very optimistic but there's no need to rush into any final decision and no need to hit peak miffdom just yet.  

It's just football. It stinks.

If i didn't love Wednesday then it could just do one for me

5 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

It's just football. It stinks.

If i didn't love Wednesday then it could just do one for me

Yep it's just football. And I genuinely don't see what the issue is with finishing the season if they can. It's by far the neatest solution if it's possible.

I work in a sector that has half completed projects. Should we just shelve them altogether or wait to see whether we can finish them? Football isn't saying they're going to press on and put lives at risk - they've shown no signs of that. Quite why people are getting angry about it is a mystery to me. The jigsaw has been thrown up in the air. We just have to wait to see how the pieces land to see how much rebuilding is required and what will remain intact. If they can't finish the season they won't. Why do we need to know now? 

• Like 1

Whenever football starts again will be talk of coming together and putting petty differences aside and 2 weeks later it will all back to normal.

Even at Chansiri prices think first game after this crisis will be a sell out, think after all this is over many people will have a lump in their throat when we manage to kick off again.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

. If you'd ever "been" with a woman or man you'd know coitus interruptus is something to be avoided if at all possible. 

:1276983839_MonkHome:

I always go on my own. There ain't enough room for two to sit down, FFS.

I'll get me coit us   :tango:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Yep it's just football. And I genuinely don't see what the issue is with finishing the season if they can. It's by far the neatest solution if it's possible.

I work in a sector that has half completed projects. Should we just shelve them altogether or wait to see whether we can finish them? Football isn't saying they're going to press on and put lives at risk - they've shown no signs of that. Quite why people are getting angry about it is a mystery to me. The jigsaw has been thrown up in the air. We just have to wait to see how the pieces land to see how much rebuilding is required and what will remain intact. If they can't finish the season they won't. Why do we need to know now? 

Really?

Chairman threatening to sue if the season isn't finished just because they have a chance of getting promoted

etc etc etc

The start of the new season is around 4 - 4½ months away. With the suspension of matches until the end of April that reduces it to around 3 months. To finish this season by playing matches it would mean pretty much starting the next after finishing this.

Edited by darra

15 hours ago, Blue and white said:

It won't finish there because the bottom 3 clubs will want to see justice done to the teams who have broken the FFP rules.

This is one big shittymess.

That could see us voting against ourselves, surely.

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Really?

Chairman threatening to sue if the season isn't finished just because they have a chance of getting promoted

etc etc etc

There's a lot fake news going around, it's all for clicks, latest Sun headline is.... Premier League clubs 'face £750m fine from Sky Sports and BT Sport'  

Some of crap I've seen with headlines over this Coronavirus are unbelievable,  they are just doing it for clicks and some folks believe it which scares crap out of them. 

8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

There's a lot fake news going around, it's all for clicks, latest Sun headline is.... Premier League clubs 'face £750m fine from Sky Sports and BT Sport'  

Some of crap I've seen with headlines over this Coronavirus are unbelievable,  they are just doing it for clicks and some folks believe it which scares crap out of them. 

Sensationalist headlines about football is one thing but in a lot of cases the media have acted awfully in the Coronavirus. 
Piers Morgan wants shooting for his hysteria. 

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Yep really. Let’s see how it all plays out. It may be UEFA who decide. 

Brilliant , another organisation of incompetent corrupt morons 

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

I voted unanimously to have a threesome with Kirsty Gallagher and Lindsey Hipgrave (blonde / brunette combo).

Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Just been talking to Lady Sonia she's asked me for help. She says; because of the current crisis people just ain't coming like they used to.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Steelman said:

I voted unanimously to have a threesome with Kirsty Gallagher and Lindsey Hipgrave (blonde / brunette combo).

Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

In light of the current recommendations on social distancing I have had to cancel all my forthcoming threesomes, I reckon the birthrate might drop a tad too in the next 9 months or so.

On the issue of football and the so called desire to finish this seasons fixtures, I reckon unless the clubs play their remaining games behind closed doors there is absolutely NFC !