EFL clubs vote to finish the season off

All EFL clubs have held a video conference where it's been voted to finish the season off and play the remaining games whenever it's possible to do so, rather than any other way of resolving things.

Combined loss of 50 million pounds in lower leagues if it doesn't restart - and have asked EFL for assistance financially

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All EFL clubs have held a video conference where it's been voted to finish the season off and play the remaining games whenever it's possible to do so, rather than any other way of resolving things.

Combined loss of 50 million pounds in lower leagues if it doesn't restart - and have asked EFL for assistance financially

Just heard on the wireless that all 24 Championship teams voted in favour of resuming & finishing the season.

Whoever was representing us can't have watched us much in the last 3 months! :1276983839_MonkHome:

Edited by Guest

What a stupid decision to make now.

It is clearly going to be months before the football can resume.

They should be looking at this when things look like they may be returning to normal, not after 1 postponed match.

Right now even if the rest of the season was binned immediately, I strongly doubt next season would be able to begin in August.

Edited by Loxley Owl

11 minutes ago, Loxley Owl said:

What a stupid decision to make now.

It is clearly going to be months before the football can resume.

They should be looking at this when things look like they may be returning to normal, not after 1 postponed match.

Right now even if the rest of the season was binned immediately, I strongly doubt next season would be able to begin in August.

Yes I expect this season to be classed as the 2019/20/21 season

• Haha 3

unless the clubs are idiots and don't realise you cant have games without paramedic cover and that wont be allowed for months at a minimum . the government has a choice either get people back to work in near future(within 2 months) ,get business back up and running or have the worst crime outbreak in history as you will have so many without any money and having to wait months for the likes of universal credit or these loans there promising , so many will lose there jobs . we cant hide in our homes for 3 weeks come out then it spikes again ,back in homes and repeat . there is no cure , and no vaccine until 2022 . like ive said for ages protect the frail ,and rest of us 99.9% of us will be fine ,most of us get a virus in winter ,most of us will have to get this. I can see a total breakdown of society 

Edited by handworth52
s

the best scenario I can see is this season scrapped , a new season with a delayed start of early sept ,efl cup scrapped for 1 season to allow extra midweek games or the lower league cup scrapped . there are so many complications its unreal , once there was 1 organisation now there are many and you have several tv companies/deals to get them all to agree is impossible. wouldn't it be funny though if idiots like rooney were told your contract is scraped and he loses 100k a week for doing nothing. paying all those disgusting contracts will also cause huge problems .