LIVE STREAM - Owls Trust meeting

1 minute ago, torres said:

It’s this 3 days no football nonsense 

It’s got to me worse than I thought 

Seek urgent medical advice!!! Good luck explaining those symptoms!! 

Edited by Morepork

4 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

Oh god so its gunna turn into another Owls trust vs Allen again...   Thats definitely going to help.  Surely if DC wanted help from fans he could easily ask a selection of fans...  Trying to tell him he should engage with them is not going to work.

Surely if he knew he needed help from anyone (which categorically he does need help) he would have reached  out by now? He doesn’t recognise the mess that the club is in on every single level. Fans morale, player morale, fighting the EFL, ticket prices, falling attendances, poor results..he seems oblivious to it all.. it’s highly unlikely at this stage of failure he’s going to be interested in anyone’s opinion. Not because he’s capable but because he’s incapable

There is more chance of me playing for England than DC listening to this lot. It beggars belief that they would think otherwise. He may have some kind of football league obligation to meet up, but he would walk out of the door, throw his doodle scribbled notes in the bin, and go outside for a fag. 

Football in 2020 is purely about money. If the Trust has £200m he’d fetch out the nice biscuits. English football is a franchise, and English in name only. Foreign fans, owners, players, managers. The only reason they are all here is the £ and they couldn’t give a rats arse about the fans and a group sat in a WMC on a Monday night.  

Guest Ferkorf

James Silverdale looks like the lad I went to school with in Deepcar.

Who was also a Blade.

Off with his head!!!!

13 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

So far the main aim seems to be to try and reduce ticket prices....  DC will have the financially data...  Unfortunately its better to have 20,000 people paying 30 quid a ticket than have 25,000 paying 20 quid a ticket.  However much we would all love hillsbrough to be full. 

Based purely on ticket prices, yes, it is better. But get all of those people to spend on average another £4.00 per person whilst in the ground, and it amounts to the same income. Of course, income isn't profit but if we had better merchandising, better quality food and drink, better corporate hospitality packages and more usage of the stadium (not the pitch) outside of football, then our business income would grow.

It's a fine line I know, but I'd love to see the projected figures on what can be potentially achieved with higher average attendances based on lower ticket prices, across all aspects of the business.

18 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Based purely on ticket prices, yes, it is better. But get all of those people to spend on average another £4.00 per person whilst in the ground, and it amounts to the same income.

Not quite as you’ve not included the additional spend per person from the fans at the other price point

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, vulva said:

There is more chance of me playing for England than DC listening to this lot. It beggars belief that they would think otherwise. He may have some kind of football league obligation to meet up, but he would walk out of the door, throw his doodle scribbled notes in the bin, and go outside for a fag. 

Football in 2020 is purely about money. If the Trust has £200m he’d fetch out the nice biscuits. English football is a franchise, and English in name only. Foreign fans, owners, players, managers. The only reason they are all here is the £ and they couldn’t give a rats arse about the fans and a group sat in a WMC on a Monday night.  

Sad but true . and happened as soon as MM acquired the club . 

But.......... and its a long shot that DC could opt to have dialogue  with this group but it would only be on his terms .

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not quite as you’ve not included the additional spend per person from the fans at the other price point

indeed

add to that the greater goodwill from club to fans and reverse + the additional spend in the locale + the retention of the going to football habit this and future family generations  once lost difficult to get back