LIVE STREAM - Owls Trust meeting

Nobody every trys to set these sorts of things up when the club is doing well..  I'm not against this sort of thing however I would be really worried they "Speak for the fans" but only create a louder voice for a minority of fans.   And these opinions tend to be combative and create a divide between fans and club.   Its like the union of the football fan world. 

To be fair to them - they are doing all the right things to set up a Supporters Trust.

There are hoops to be jumped through.

Trusts can be a real catalyst for change, really positive changes at football clubs - and one things for certain - we need change. 

Without any co-ordinated voice that won't happen. Chansiri has divided our fanbase over pretty much everything since he arrived - if this can bring people together then all power to them.

Theyre all committed Wednesdayites and we all want the same thing. 

Just now, catdog1121 said:

Nobody every trys to set these sorts of things up when the club is doing well..  I'm not against this sort of thing however I would be really worried they "Speak for the fans" but only create a louder voice for a minority of fans.   And these opinions tend to be combative and create a divide between fans and club.   Its like the union of the football fan world. 

Youre saying all the wrong things if youre pretending 'you're not against this sort of thing'

So far the main aim seems to be to try and reduce ticket prices....  DC will have the financially data...  Unfortunately its better to have 20,000 people paying 30 quid a ticket than have 25,000 paying 20 quid a ticket.  However much we would all love hillsbrough to be full. 

1 minute ago, catdog1121 said:

So far the main aim seems to be to try and reduce ticket prices....  DC will have the financially data...  Unfortunately its better to have 20,000 people paying 30 quid a ticket than have 25,000 paying 20 quid a ticket.  However much we would all love hillsbrough to be full. 

Financially that's the case yes

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, catdog1121 said:

Can I ask what your interest in this new group is, you've only just started posting on this site and I'm wondering why the sudden interest? 

I'm a nosey bugger    

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Youre saying all the wrong things if youre pretending 'you're not against this sort of thing'

They need to work with the club and my point is although I think all these sorts of trust have the best intentions...  The fact is as we have seen in the past all it does it create a battle ground between fans and the chairman..

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

To be fair to them - they are doing all the right things to set up a Supporters Trust.

There are hoops to be jumped through.

Trusts can be a real catalyst for change, really positive changes at football clubs - and one things for certain - we need change. 

Without any co-ordinated voice that won't happen. Chansiri has divided our fanbase over pretty much everything since he arrived - if this can bring people together then all power to them.

Theyre all committed Wednesdayites and we all want the same thing. 

Congrats on organising tonights meeting and setting it all up

You've done well to remain in the background 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can I ask what your interest in this new group is, you've only just started posting on this site and I'm wondering why the sudden interest? 

I'm a nosey bugger    

My interest is Sheffield Wednesday, I hated what happened between fans and Allen...   Although I think a lot of blame lies with Allen I think the owls trust were also not blameless.  I think if they could get DC onboard it would be such a great thing, however I dont think now is the right time to get DC onboard, a more peaceful time would make it more likely to succeed...  I think the current environment will lead to turning fans on the club rather than working with them.

2 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

They need to work with the club and my point is although I think all these sorts of trust have the best intentions...  The fact is as we have seen in the past all it does it create a battle ground between fans and the chairman..

The 'Steering Group' was supposed to be working with the club - can't remember a meeting they've had in the last 15 months - and all the club did was pay lip service to every single meeting that was held.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Congrats on organising tonights meeting and setting it all up

You've done well to remain in the background 

lol

I'm actually posting all of this from just behind that red curtain. Keep watching and I'll wave in a minute

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

The 'Steering Group' was supposed to be working with the club - can't remember a meeting they've had in the last 15 months - and all the club did was pay lip service to every single meeting that was held.

So why do you think this would make the club suddenly want to talk to fans?  It would be great if they would but I just cant see it, especially at the moment...

I dont understand this whole, they want to be on the inside but then they want to make sure all the fans and members know what is being discussed etc.  That just is not going to work, you cant be on the inside for private conversations while telling everyone.