The Ross Wallace interview in full

Ross Wallace has no different attitude towards the club than any other player. 

What do some people genuinely think footballers are like? 

They aren't robot droids that bleed blue and white. They're human beings that probably treat football like a job, ahut off the attitude of most fans and try to make a financial future for themselves by moving from club to club over their short careers. 

• Like 1

Can't see anything wrong with what he's said there. We all know Carlos is eccentric & far worse has been said on here about him. The behaviour Wallace describes justifies the criticism Carlos got from fans. Don't forget the players have to live with the madness at our club. He states he is gutted we didn't make the Prem. Wallace is a top guy. Chansiri behaviour in the dressing room is also hilarious but extremely worrying but at least he showed his face at the club back then. 

Edited by Colinwestzicoest

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Great interview from an underrated and top player

Top character 

Give me 11 of those any day over the politically correct media trained drones that spout out the same boring dull platitudes every time you hear them speak

:cool:

From the bits I could understand I  don't see a problem with any of that. There was never any question of his commitment when he was here and he turned up in most of the big games he played in for us. 

• Like 1

What don't people like about this? He spoke of us very highly, used words like 'big club' and talked of great fans. Complimented our players, seemed sure we should've gone up. To say that we would've gone up if it wasn't Hull was a nice bit of insight beyond our usual 'didn't turn up' analysis. Even called a good footballing team, ffs! 

I'd even say we should be thankful to him for revealing first hand anecdotes that Chansiri can't speak to players like they're adults, and that Carlos didn't have much tactical nouse ('give it to Gordon'). 

What this interview reveals to me is that we did well that first year because the players were experienced, capable footballers who could do a job in spite of the management/running of the club. That probably got reined in year on year, until we are where we are now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Can't see anything wrong with anything he said there. We all know Carlos is eccentric & far worse has been said on here about him. The behaviour Wallace describes justifies the criticism Carlos got from fans. Don't forget the players have to live with the madness at our club. He states he is gutted we didn't make the Prem. Wallace is a top guy. Chansiri behaviour in the dressing room is also hilarious but extremely worrying but at least he showed his face at the club back then. 

Neither can I.

Mind you I, honestly, could not understand about 80% of their conversation on first listening. I had to

keep pausing the video and winding back a little and listening again, sometimes more than once or twice.

It really does sound like a completely foreign language at times.lol

Cc was a  bottler. He bottled it against Hull against Stoke, Huddersfield etc etc 

He also had one major problem. The owner. 

I've been saying he's been doing a Ken Bates for four years now and been slagged of 

Wallace was overpaid and overrated. He couldn't cross a ball or take corners after his first season. In many ways he's the club in a nutshell. We still have zombies like bannen taking hopeless corners and freekicks. 

We still have the owner meddling, taking to people like they are dogs. 

In his first season cc was brilliant. As team we were excellent to watch. We were the fasted team in the league. Then against Hull we showed the way it was going to be years after year since. 

In the second season the fastest team became the slowest. It was then we started to sign players on insane wages and refuse to play them. 

As for Wallace. He made more in a month than he gets in a year in Scotland. He made millions at wednesday so he should never have to work again. 

We kept him too long. But what's new 

I'll never work out what happened in the final against Hull. We never crossed the halfway line until Joao came on in the 85th minute. Only Westwood kept the score down to one hand. We had to score and made no attempt until right at the end. 

This is how we still play 

We still have most of the flops. 

Hang on there's a big difference. We don't try at all for the whole 90 minutes anymore. 

Until we get rid of all the flops and the owner the only way we can go is down. And down. And down 

Edited by Mrmason69

11 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

To be fair, I think anyone would have taken the puss out of Carvalhal for that. It sounds ridiculous!

massive overreaction by our fans to this...it’s a bit embarrassing!!! Towards the end Carlos was a total balloon and this just proves it. All that with the £10 note etc...

As for player attitudes towards clubs, this happens at every club all over the world. Gone are the days of loyalty and players caring. Get over it chaps, it’s nothing exclusive to us. 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack