Are the tigers trying to maul us?

34 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

It's not about cheating. We used a loophole to get over the overspend which was at the time a legal way of doing it by dc buying the ground. The point is that the registered date of sale fell after the end of the period the accounts had to be submitted to which dc said the efl had known about. 

It's cheating if we broke the rules and misled the EFL - and I stress it's an if. Three directors have been charged with misconduct which, if proven, is more than a mistake. 

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

But if we are found to have cheated then the only reason we have been up to it on the pitch is by retaining players we should have sold or released. 

How many teams have done that, got promoted and nothing else is said? Does the parachute payments create a fair playing field in this division? Does it say anywhere in that article that Hull are planning this action or have a verified source of information or is it Maguire just looking at the table and adding his own thoughts?

How many seasons have Hull been out of the top flight? Seeing the trap door of League One without parachute payments is maybe a cause for concern for them and they 'might' as the article says, look for any way out they can find, a bit like another club not too far north of them who re in a similar situation.

You seem to be quicker to jump on us about this than other issues of fair play in the Championship. 

I'm not happy we had to sell out ground and the way the club is being run in that respect but the fact it has taken this long to not yet get to an arbitration decision on whether the charges are legitimate suggests we have a case and we publicly kept saying that we were working with the EFL at the time - to the extent that they lifted our embargo and initially took in the accounts which were signed off by independent certified accountants. If it is proved we have acted outside of the rules then the owner will have it all to answer for but until then lets see what happens.

Edited by Guest

Two bits of good fantasy news!!!

1)The charges are going to be dropped as EFL gave out contradictory advice to the club.

2)The EFL are going to announce that the season ended half way through, so top 3 clubs promoted, bottom 3 relegated.

So we will be promoted but sadly because of the coronavirus there will be no civic reception.lol

Ok back to the isolation chamber.

4 hours ago, rickygoo said:

A mind reader - congratulations. They are saying - not unreasonably - that if we have cheated we should be punished as promptly as possible as without the cheating we could have been in the bottom three anyway.  If we get away with it all well and good.  And I really don't want a points deduction. I don't mind trips to Rochdale etc they are quite good fun, but I fear the club will be in mortal danger given our finances if we go down a division. 

I am a Wednesday fan and definitely not a Chansiri fan.

TBF "they are saying" nothing.

It is Kieran Maguire who is doing all the saying, trying to sensationalise as normal.

• Thanks 1

Good, give us the points deduction now, hope the season is a write off cos of the virus, and we start again when the next season starts (eventually) and we are on a level playing field with everybody else.

HAPPY DAYS!    WAWAW

:laugh:

14 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

We are using it to defend ourselves against charges.

They are using it to be snidey flaps.

I think we all know that yet you think they are in the right. Says a lot and I think you do want a points deduction in all honesty

Making yourself sound childish there.  No true Wednesday fan wants a points deduction, or relegation.

That reality of our situation is that we've been so badly ran under DC, that both are a real possibility.

It didn't have to be this way and our fans are right to criticise given that we are up to our necks in sh*t right now.

If we end up in League One will you still be absolving DC of blame?

12 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Hull sold their best two players in January, they deserve to go down. Horrible owners!

Maybe if we'd sold players to reinvest in the squad & balance the books over the last 5 years, we wouldn't be in this messy situation.

Bet they wasn't complaining when they was getting failure payments for 3 years and throw that all that away 

Why is it that tin pot clubs like Middlesbrough and Hull who've waste millions of free money, scream and shout like kids when their plans fail 

Fair enough Dc has spent more than he should, be least its with his own money and not failure payments

I could understand Luton, charlton, Barnsley and Wigan been annoyed as like us the didn't have the luxury of parachute payments

It's suddenly unfair to little old Middlesbrough and ull once they are broke 

22 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Where have I lauded him? His reign here has been steeped in failure.

I'm tired of all this pal. I don't want a points deduction. I don't blame Hull for pursuing legal action. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Nuff said. 

1 hour ago, Animis said:

we haven't concluded the arbitration process yet - clubs wanting to fast track points deductions is like placing faith in the justice of the ducking stool.

That's right mate. You can't just abandon due process because Hull and Middlesborough are not happy