Are the tigers trying to maul us?

14 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Im sure we would do the same

Well the speed the courts work at I can see us getting relegated to division one in 2023. Though if monk stays that might actually turn out to be promotion 

11 hours ago, dykwim said:

Why not just accept you haven’t played good enough and go down with dignity?

I can’t believe there isn’t anything clean cut in the rule book for what happens under these circumstances though. Utter chaos is bound to follow any decision now.  

Or why not accept that we have broken rules, take what's coming to us and stop being that grubby club that that people are starting to take a dislike to.

9 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Who do you back in this case?

Hull or Sheffield Wednesday?

WTF has that got to do with anything?  I don't know the legal ins and outs but we're using the legal system and Chansiri is lauded for it then Hull get slagged off for doing the same thing. Double standards.

I don't want a points deduction. I wish Chansiri had run the club in such a way that we didn't need to use accounting sleight of hand to avoid points deductions.  I think Chansiri has made a right balls of it all.  

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

WTF has that got to do with anything?  I don't know the legal ins and outs but we're using the legal system and Chansiri is lauded for it then Hull get slagged off for doing the same thing. Double standards.

I don't want a points deduction. I wish Chansiri had run the club in such a way that we didn't need to use accounting sleight of hand to avoid points deductions.  I think Chansiri has made a right balls of it all.  

We are using it to defend ourselves against charges.

They are using it to be snidey flaps.

I think we all know that yet you think they are in the right. Says a lot and I think you do want a points deduction in all honesty

Promotion and relegation should be settled on the field not in the courts.  FFP is OK imo because it is designed to protect clubs from owners like ours, but I don't like points deductions, they are anti-sport.  I'd rather fine or ban owners for failing to keep clubs within sustainable spending limits.

Edited by Tyto Alba
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

We are using it to defend ourselves against charges.

They are using it to be snidey flaps.

I think we all know that yet you think they are in the right. Says a lot and I think you do want a points deduction in all honesty

A mind reader - congratulations. They are saying - not unreasonably - that if we have cheated we should be punished as promptly as possible as without the cheating we could have been in the bottom three anyway.  If we get away with it all well and good.  And I really don't want a points deduction. I don't mind trips to Rochdale etc they are quite good fun, but I fear the club will be in mortal danger given our finances if we go down a division. 

I am a Wednesday fan and definitely not a Chansiri fan.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

A mind reader - congratulations. They are saying - not unreasonably - that if we have cheated we should be punished as promptly as possible as without the cheating we could have been in the bottom three anyway.  If we get away with it all well and good.  And I really don't want a points deduction. I don't mind trips to Rochdale etc they are quite good fun, but I fear the club will be in mortal danger given our finances if we go down a division. 

I am a Wednesday fan and definitely not a Chansiri fan.

It's the we bit that sticks in the throat. It's never been we as we have nothing to do with it. We the fans and players are not to blame and chansiri has not even been proved to have broken the rules. But I do believe if the rules have been broken it should be a financial penalty against the owner as the fans and players don't have a say in the running of the club. It annoys me that Luton and Hull and boro are using our situation for their gain as they aren't up to it on the pitch. 

23 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

It's the we bit that sticks in the throat. It's never been we as we have nothing to do with it. We the fans and players are not to blame and chansiri has not even been proved to have broken the rules. But I do believe if the rules have been broken it should be a financial penalty against the owner as the fans and players don't have a say in the running of the club. It annoys me that Luton and Hull and boro are using our situation for their gain as they aren't up to it on the pitch. 

But if we are found to have cheated then the only reason we have been up to it on the pitch is by retaining players we should have sold or released. 

22 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Hull sold their best two players in January, they deserve to go down. Horrible owners!

Surely that's their point though. In the event of us being found guilty they will argue that if we had stuck to FFP rules we probably would have had to have done the same. 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

But if we are found to have cheated then the only reason we have been up to it on the pitch is by retaining players we should have sold or released. 

It's not about cheating. We used a loophole to get over the overspend which was at the time a legal way of doing it by dc buying the ground. The point is that the registered date of sale fell after the end of the period the accounts had to be submitted to which dc said the efl had known about.