Re Forestieri - what actually is his best position?

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

“restricted”? 

It gives him more room and freedom. It allows him to do what he does best, running at defenders. He’s hopeless up the middle with a big CB giving him no space and kicking him.

In any case, when he does start up front he drifts deeper and lefter to seek space. I’ve never for one minute understood why he is fancied as a central forward. 

On the left hand said, means he has top track back and worry about a man and not concentrate on what he does best which is going forward. 

In his 2015/16 hayday he way brilliant up top with Hooper Joao and Nuhiu. And if you watch the games properly its obvious why hes better there. But I do agree if he is played up top in a non attacking team where a CB can just mark him by kicking him it is pointless him playing there. Since CC first season we haven't played as an attacking or possession based side (except shortly under Bruce) which is why I don't think we have seen the best of him and others whom this style suits 

26 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

On the left hand said, means he has top track back and worry about a man and not concentrate on what he does best which is going forward. 

In his 2015/16 hayday he way brilliant up top with Hooper Joao and Nuhiu. And if you watch the games properly its obvious why hes better there. But I do agree if he is played up top in a non attacking team where a CB can just mark him by kicking him it is pointless him playing there. Since CC first season we haven't played as an attacking or possession based side (except shortly under Bruce) which is why I don't think we have seen the best of him and others whom this style suits 

He was awful with Hooper. 

7 hours ago, kingsidney said:

People like to pretend they want someone with pride and desire until Joey P comes out and then they realise that’s not what’s important at all. 

I agree, but that lad is league 2 quality at best and won’t improve. Unfortunately he’s just clueless with no football brain.

There are young lads coming through who will be national league/league two standards now who could improve immensely with game time.

Addd on the fact you only need half a good season at this level now and you all of a sudden have a £10m asset if you sell at the right time. Better then having someone taking over £1m a year in wages to barely play and not show any consistent quality when they do.

I know who i’d rather have in the squad. 

18 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

In a way yes. When they were a front 2 it never looked good to me. But when Hooper, Bannan and FF were popping off 1-2s on the edge of the area (prob when FF was moved left) was when we opened teams up.

I know. It was a joy. I’ll never understand why Carlos persisted in using FF as a striker, ruining Hooper and ruining Forestieri.

FF wide was unplayable. Hooper with Joao, or Fletch, or Nuhiu, was unstoppable. Dreadful management.

On 15/03/2020 at 11:41, Neal M said:

Since his refusal to travel to Norwich his best position is at any other club stupid enough to have him.

I've been saying this for ages, he'd have never played again if I'd been in charge.

I would have liked to see how Ferguson or Cloughie would have dealt with him!

For me he is an attacking midfielder / number 10.

Even partly fit this season he has shown more in games than Bannan, Reach, Harris and most of the midfield.

Yes he has had injures and a lot of bad luck, but when fit there is few in our club that are better if not the championship. At the end of the season he is a free agent and for me I would resign him, who in the current league are we going to get in that will cost us less than £1.5m a season in transfer fee and wages. 

I would rather us sell Bannan and Reach and keep Fessi and add some physical presence in the midfield. I am sick of hearing Bannan cannot play in a midfield 2 - simple answer don't play him them and play a midfield who scores goals and actually attacks the other team.