Re Forestieri - what actually is his best position?

I can understand people being fed up of him and wanting him gone....but...

If we can't bring in any better for whatever reason, then surely it wouldn't be that stupid to offer him a reduced deal?

imo he's best out left in a whatever formation we've pulled out of the hat on the day, he's too greedy up front, but out left he's forced to pass it eventually.

13 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I can understand people being fed up of him and wanting him gone....but...

If we can't bring in any better for whatever reason, then surely it wouldn't be that stupid to offer him a reduced deal?

imo he's best out left in a whatever formation we've pulled out of the hat on the day, he's too greedy up front, but out left he's forced to pass it eventually.

I think people are just that fed up of him.

The constant drama that comes with him. Also a couple of embarrassing moments for the club too. Add to the fact he’s hardly played in 3 years and to so he’s been average in that time would be being far too polite.

I think the majority would rather have someone who shows pride, desire and effort every time they pull on the shirt and know it’s a privilege to play for Sheffield Wednesday. Not this current crop of overpaid prima donnas.

• Thanks 1

I get that jonesy, but to be fair to FF I've never really seen him not try.

He's a prima donna in the sense that due to his heritage he seems to be able to spit dummies, but he can still offer us something that other players can't, that bit of skill and unpredictability, the odd goal, that I doubt we'll be able to afford for quite some time.

I dunno, I doubt he wants to stay anyway so it's probably a bit of a mute point.

Edited by Weshallovercome

Jesus Christ. Never a good sign when this is still being debated after 4 years.

When Carlos used to switch him to the wing and bring another striker on, it seemed to open up games a bit. It was a nice tactic but was usually preceded by 60 minutes of not a lot happening with him and Hooper up front.

Never seen him play well as a 10. Not reliable enough to build a team around him there imo.

Re: best position - Same with Reach unfortunately. I'd like to see him on the left whipping crosses in for Fletcher and Wickham but he hardly plays there for some reason.

15 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

I think people are just that fed up of him.

The constant drama that comes with him. Also a couple of embarrassing moments for the club too. Add to the fact he’s hardly played in 3 years and to so he’s been average in that time would be being far too polite.

I think the majority would rather have someone who shows pride, desire and effort every time they pull on the shirt and know it’s a privilege to play for Sheffield Wednesday. Not this current crop of overpaid prima donnas.

People like to pretend they want someone with pride and desire until Joey P comes out and then they realise that’s not what’s important at all. 

19 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

A number 10 role behind a front 2 with the freedom to appear anywhere in that space. 
Even in the dismal recent run he showed his ability to link play. 
Still not at his best though 

Agree except he'd need a decent midfield behind him which we haven't got

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Up front or off a front man. Hate him being restricted to the left.

“restricted”? 

It gives him more room and freedom. It allows him to do what he does best, running at defenders. He’s hopeless up the middle with a big CB giving him no space and kicking him.

In any case, when he does start up front he drifts deeper and lefter to seek space. I’ve never for one minute understood why he is fancied as a central forward. 

His attitude doesn’t really bother me, that’s not why I wouldn’t extend

its for the simple fact he plays around 10-15 games a season, and as he’s getting older this will no doubt get even worse

We can’t offer him a new deal. I’d much rather someone come in maybe of lower quality, but who can improve and play at least 35 games a year 

Edited by FreshOwl