Hard man eleven

nn 

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

These 'hard man' threads are somewhat tiresome and seem to come round every couple of months, but as there is bùgger all else to do I'll bite...

Not sure what Pressman has done to be a shoe-in for everyone's XI. He's big but he's out of shape - anyone remember a goalkeeper that neshed out of playing the full 90 minutes more often than Pressman? Surely Martin 'Concussion? What concussion?' Hodge is a better bet, or Steven Bywater certainly looked the part.

it's because numbers in our support realise that 'passion, belief and strength of character' is (it seems)  are nigh on always missing from wednesday squads, and when it is at it's lowest level, we are at our worst.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

without doubt my fondest memory of him is him getting into sabella in the first minute of 'the massacre' sabella dove that high it's wonder he didn't damage a floodlight, I looked at the ref. and he waved 'play on' I though YES! get into the fancy ****ard.

Oh happy days 

2 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Oh happy days 

well they maybe for you and I, but lets not forget the element in our support that think 'fancying' about all day and passing the ball square along the backline 'negates' effort, commitment and determination every time.

Flippin eck! How could you not have Don Megson in this 11? I have seen wingers bounce off his chest and collide “gently” with the wall in front of the South Terrace as it was then. Him, Mobley and Gerry Young would not be out of place on the face of Mount Rushmore.

I've been thinking about this.. I could name a few.. but as I pictured it...it was a whole team under Wilkinson..they wouldn't give an inch..home or away.

It might have been Liverpool away and we were packed in.. I turned to a Wednesdayite and said "they're frightened of us" and he agreed..the whole team were monsters..

On 15/03/2020 at 07:53, Swiss Toni said:

Shefki Kuqi always reminded me of someone I wouldn’t want to mess with.

How about a switch now to what people think is the weakest 11 ever to play for Wednesday?

Kuqi? You've got to be joking.

I still remember that header he bottled against the Pigs.

22 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Ron Springett; Norman Curtis, Ernest Blenkinsop, Walter Millership, Gerry Young, Mick Lyons, Don Megson, Gary Shelton, Jeff Johnson, Andy McCulluoch and Roy Shiner.

Sounds like he put his head in where it hurt?!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shandypants said:

You don’t play for two or three seasons with an undiagnosed broken ankle if you’re made of biscuits 

Or get up and score that goal against Arsenal with a broken ankle. Think many of the tough defenders back then such as Adams and Bould, Bruce and Pallister, would tell you how tough the likes of Hirst and Bright were to play against.

51 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Or get up and score that goal against Arsenal with a broken ankle. Think many of the tough defenders back then such as Adams and Bould, Bruce and Pallister, would tell you how tough the likes of Hirst and Bright were to play against.

That’s when we were a proper team.