Hard man eleven

9 hours ago, Baggys battle bus said:

Following on from the Mick Lyons post, what would be your hard man team of past years watching Wednesday Mine would be ...

Pressman

Sterland

Lyons

Pearson

Reda

Hutch

Agent Wilson

Carlton

Shez

Mcculloch

Chapnan

Shez? Are you drunk? He never put a tackle in? 

And Hutch isn't hard, he's just daft. 

I'm not sure Carlton was really. Athletic and committed but I am not sure if he was hard. 

4 minutes ago, George said:

Shez? Are you drunk? He never put a tackle in? 

And Hutch isn't hard, he's just daft. 

I'm not sure Carlton was really. Athletic and committed but I am not sure if he was hard. 

I remember Millwall away in the late 80's Terry Hurlock ate Carlton for breakfast.

Typical day where we reverted back to our old name of Sheffield Wednesday 0

5 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Loved Coughlan... a hero at Argyle, hardly ever missed a game, came to Wednesday...well, you know the rest.

I don't recall him as a Croc. Remember he'd head a brick if he needed too. Loved him at Hillsborough. Proper hard poopydoo 

These 'hard man' threads are somewhat tiresome and seem to come round every couple of months, but as there is bùgger all else to do I'll bite...

Not sure what Pressman has done to be a shoe-in for everyone's XI. He's big but he's out of shape - anyone remember a goalkeeper that neshed out of playing the full 90 minutes more often than Pressman? Surely Martin 'Concussion? What concussion?' Hodge is a better bet, or Steven Bywater certainly looked the part.

6 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

These 'hard man' threads are somewhat tiresome and seem to come round every couple of months, but as there is bùgger all else to do I'll bite...

Not sure what Pressman has done to be a shoe-in for everyone's XI. He's big but he's out of shape

You mean, the same guy who chased a guy who tried stealing his car on foot and caught him?

17 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Not sure what Pressman has done to be a shoe-in for everyone's XI. He's big but he's out of shape - anyone remember a goalkeeper that neshed out of playing the full 90 minutes more often than Pressman? Surely Martin 'Concussion? What concussion?' Hodge is a better bet, or Steven Bywater certainly looked the part.

He played on once with a broken leg.

11 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Weakest 11, as in you’d happily take the lot on:

Ola Tidman

Beswetherick

Westwood

Mattock 

Reach

Potter

pessy

Kenny Lunt

Grant Holt (at the time)

Kim Olsen

Rhodes

Literally a thread dedicated to this 

26 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Before he arrived ,We were screaming out for a midfielder to put a tackle in ,From the first time I saw him ,From the off  knew we had found him .

without doubt my fondest memory of him is him getting into sabella in the first minute of 'the massacre' sabella dove that high it's wonder he didn't damage a floodlight, I looked at the ref. and he waved 'play on' I though YES! get into the fancy ****ard.

• Haha 1