Would you give Forestieri a new contract?

5 hours ago, BullitsAA said:

Makes sense now the same people who dislike forestieri, like fox.. oh wait no, I still can't begin to comprehend such a mindset it starts to make my head hurt ngl 

Fox the man you wouldn't trust to cross a ball into an empty box. Treats the right pass as if it's guarded by fort knox. Has the football brain of a camel in socks 

Hasn’t Morgan fox (the defender) scored more goals than Forestieri (the forward) so far this season?

• Haha 1

I cant believe this is even a discussion, must be nothing else to do.

As been a passenger and a drain on the club resources. Seems like a nice enough guy off the field but too much drama and not enough output on it to warrant a new deal

Shefki Kuqi always reminded me of someone I wouldn’t want to mess with.

How about a switch now to what people think is the weakest 11 ever to play for Wednesday?

IGNORE THID IDIOT, POSTED IN THE WRONG THREAD!!

Edited by Swiss Toni
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Fletcher has been in good form but he's been poor value for money overall. FF.s time is over. We need younger, fitter, hungrier players. The only ones I'd definitely keep are Fox, Iorfa, Borner, Bannan and Nuhiu (whatever people think he's been excellent value for money and is a good squad player

Why?

Compare Fletcher and Forestieri over the last 3 full years, 138 league games.

Fletcher 30 goals (incl long lay off for injury)

Forestieri 14 goals (incl long lay off for injury)

They are on similar money.

Fletcher is having his best season, both in terms of his performance level and goals. Forestieri is a shadow of the 15/16 version.

Get rid of Forestieri and use that handsome salary to secure a Hooper-type strike partner for the excellent Fletcher.

Edited by Holmowl

7 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Shefki Kuqi always reminded me of someone I wouldn’t want to mess with.

How about a switch now to what people think is the weakest 11 ever to play for Wednesday?

IGNORE THID IDIOT, POSTED IN THE WRONG THREAD!!

When you do that and then frantically have to think of a half decent relevant post to replace it. lol

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

D6E4778F-7AE8-4E8E-8AFA-03EA50A976EB.jpeg

YES.

That said I can totally understand why people say no. 

I’ve always thought he is a grafter, a player to change a game. At times yes he has looked disinterested but this season when played he has worked hard and I would give him a 1 year deal in the basis he is a wildcard. We can’t build a team around him, but he’s an excellent option to have in the squad. 

If the internet rumours are correct he has cost the club just shy of £10m in fees and wages combined in his time at the club. In his first two seasons he was good admittedly, but now he is 30 and has limited re-sale value, and he is not performing at the same levels. 

In his last 3 seasons he has contributed 13 Championship goals and 2 assists and then there’s his off field baggage.

Value for money? 

Some of our fans still aren’t quite getting the seriousness of our situation. We can’t afford him, and even if we could and wanted to keep him, personally I think we would be batshit mental to even consider it.

When you take the combo of injuries, form, attitude and discipline, he’s an expensive luxury we cannot afford.

The stats on appearances though are ultimately the most damning problem. 

You can’t pay an injury prone player, over 30, big wages. It is just throwing money away. Money we don’t have. 

Some fans still cling to his first season and can’t see the woods for the trees. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds

8 hours ago, BullitsAA said:

Makes sense now the same people who dislike forestieri, like fox.. oh wait no, I still can't begin to comprehend such a mindset it starts to make my head hurt ngl 

Fox the man you wouldn't trust to cross a ball into an empty box. Treats the right pass as if it's guarded by fort knox. Has the football brain of a camel in socks 

Agreed 100%

Guest The Horse

Yes but on a 1 year rolling contract. Reduced wages but high performance bonuses.
That should get the best out of him.

But if he doesn't perform, we have no long contract to see out and off he goes with some great memories and fantastic goals to remember.