Would you give Forestieri a new contract?

2 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Nah he only played well under Carlos let’s be rate about it 

I thought he was good in that period when he came back from injury under Jos. That period when Nuhiu became a goal machine. Then the season ended, we played the pre season friendly against Mansfield and the rest from there is history.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

In my view, having players like this on the books is repeating past mistakes. It is my opinion that the risk involved with re-signing Forestieri outweighs the potential gain. I think it is about time that our club looked for a different player recruitment strategy.

It’s about money.. I assume if he would sign for free on a 1 year deal you’d take him on the off chance that he turns out a season like his first two because we know he has that in him. I’d also assume that on  £35k a week most would say the risk reward is too poor for us to sign him up. So there must be some figure in the middle where it’s worth the punt? Personally think that figure for us is less than he’d get elsewhere so he’ll be off

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I thought he was good in that period when he came back from injury under Jos. That period when Nuhiu became a goal machine. Then the season ended, we played the pre season friendly against Mansfield and the rest from there is history.

Good point, wish we’d sold up after the Norwich debacle tbf never been the same

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s about money.. I assume if he would sign for free on a 1 year deal you’d take him on the off chance that he turns out a season like his first two because we know he has that in him. I’d also assume that on  £35k a week most would say the risk reward is too poor for us to sign him up. So there must be some figure in the middle where it’s worth the punt? Personally think that figure for us is less than he’d get elsewhere so he’ll be off

If his salary was substantially reduced, there would be an argument for a new one year deal. If that is not the case, it's time to cut our losses and move on from Forestieri.

No. He’s running a very close 2nd to Abdi. Should have been shown the door after the Norwich debacle. Funny how he was starting to turn it on again in the last couple of matches but not going to able to prove himself now. Shame.