Every cloud has a silver lining

Just a few thoughts to find some positives in this life without live sport and the seasons ended.

’If out of contract players are not going to be resigned and they clearly can’t be bothered to fight our corner why not give them the chance to leave now. No point in wasting our training time and facilities on them. They could be offered our medical facilities for the club to discharge its duty of care for its employees but don’ t see why they should mug us off any longer. They have eye watering salaries so can find their own personal trainer.  Why have a bad apple about to ruin attitudes of other players?’

Yes, I know it’s not going to happen but beggars belief that players hold all the cards and can’t be bothered to play cos they’ve thrown their dolly out of the pram.

ps.    What date does an out of contract player finish? Is it at the end of the season and when will that be now? 

Edited by Bolsterstone B Army
Spelling correction added a bit
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bolsterstone B Army said:

Just a few thoughts to find some positives in this life without live sport and the seasons ended.

’If out of contract players are not going to be resigned and they clearly can’t be bothered to fight our corner why not give them the chance to leave now. No point in wasting our training time and facilities on them. They could be offered our medical facilities for the club to discharge its duty of care for its employees but don’ t see why they should mug us off any longer. They have eye watering salaries so can find their own personal trainer.  Why have a bad apple about to ruin attitudes of other players?’

Yes, I know it’s not going to happen but beggars belief that players hold all the cards and can’t be bothered to play cos they’ve thrown their dolly out of the pram.

ps.    What date does an out of contract player finish? Is it at the end of the season and when will that be now? 

It used to be called "garden leave".

We can now rename it "self-isolation on full pay until contract end". 

Sounds good to me.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Can't do it in case the EFL finds a way to play the games before 30/6.

No advantage to the club really. I don't think it will be long before clubs shut down anyway. If they are training it will only take one player to get it and the rest will need to self isolate.

The season will be played out with a delayed finish.  Next season will just start later.   That's what I imagine will happen. 

Players will leave at the date their contracts end.  Unless the club's offer them a short term contract to carry on a bit longer.  

Edited by Lincs Owl

4 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

The season will be played out with a delayed finish.  Next season will just start later.   That's what I imagine will happen. 

Players will leave at the date their contracts end.  Unless the club's offer them a short term contract to carry on a bit longer.  

Can see a massive upturn in form from our underperforming stars when they realise they can rinse a few more weeks out of what are likely to be final contracts.:ph34r:

34 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Wonder if the EFL will waiver FFP as clubs will be forced to make even bigger losses, as games are not being played and revenue generated :ph34r:

Point I made last week and its a genuinely intriguing one. Not just the maths of it but the ethics of it- will th EFL expect owners have been told to stop spending be allowed to start spending again to pay the wages of players?

37 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

There's not a chance of kicking off again on April 3rd. That's a date governed by how far they can allow the fixtures without affecting the play off dates and the Euro's. 

When the Euro's get cancelled I expect that will open up a longer window to complete the season which has to end on June 30th because of contracts.

If we reach the point where the season cant be completed by then (which probably means resuming no later than 1st/2nd week in May) then it's decision time.

Basically I'd say there's 8/9 weeks to get going again. If that doesn't happen then the whole season could be null and void. With that in mind I suspect we may see the EPL return behind closed doors if there is any light at the end of the tunnel by April 3rd with crowds maybe returning a few weeks later.

The EFL is in a stickier spot than the EPL because its not financially viable for most of the 72 to write off the revenue of the remaining games.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The only positive is that Wednesday will avoid the inevitable drubbing that was coming their way today 

You must get tired of being a thoroughly miserable and depressive turd. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

There's not a chance of kicking off again on April 3rd. That's a date governed by how far they can allow the fixtures without affecting the play off dates and the Euro's. 

When the Euro's get cancelled I expect that will open up a longer window to complete the season which has to end on June 30th because of contracts.

If we reach the point where the season cant be completed by then (which probably means resuming no later than 1st/2nd week in May) then it's decision time.

Basically I'd say there's 8/9 weeks to get going again. If that doesn't happen then the whole season could be null and void. With that in mind I suspect we may see the EPL return behind closed doors if there is any light at the end of the tunnel by April 3rd with crowds maybe returning a few weeks later.

The EFL is in a stickier spot than the EPL because its not financially viable for most of the 72 to write off the revenue of the remaining games.

Independent says government think football won’t start until September earliest.