Computer used to predict the scores of matches

16 minutes ago, Nero said:

Screenshot_20200313-175907_Google.thumb.jpg.0576e2b925f1c085484702be18b1f349.jpg

I had these. 

I think the shape is how I imagine Tom Lees feet are.

You must have been 'posh'. We copied the rules from somebody, but made our own 'dice' by cutting ends off a pencil and inked our own numbers/way out.

It was a superb game for school, because you could stop/start the game  between lessons. There was once one of my mates came up with a real set. Imagine the reactions. 

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We used to play a cricket game 'Owzthat' I think it was called, which used a special dice. I'm sure we played a football dice game by the same company.  We could use that instead of crappy computers.

There was also Logacta which used dice and complex rules but was surprisingly realistic rules wise.  You had to fill in loads of charts though.

I've played Logacta - Albeit an updated version. There's even Excel versions you can buy on Amazon that does all the calculations for the league tables etc..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Orac :1276983839_MonkHome:

im too intelligent to work such a simple question out.......fooooookoff

lol

I asked Orac to give us a prediction on when we eventually return to the PL,couldn't get a answer so i kicked it in the Electronic Bollards.lol

21 hours ago, darra said:

Anybody else remember this happening? Iirc the results were only used for the football pools and didn't effect the league tables. Was it in the 70s or am I imagining it.

yes it was a panel of experts for the 'results' to decide the winners of the football pools betting, when the games were actually played the 'experts' had an enormous amount of results wrong.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, torres said:

Having analysed them for 3 months can you input the following data into the Sheffield Wednesday Prediction program please Mr Jones 

They can't pass,

They seem unable to run 

They don't have a set way of playing but seemed to enjoy the flat back 9 in a recent cup match 

Here is the prediction now sir,

Wednesday 0 - Forest 4 

System seems to work perfectly Jones 

NO! the dreamers appointed this magical (unknown) new manager who won every game for the next 5 years by having the back line playing it square at the back all game long, wednesday lifted the L1 title, the premier title, the champions league, and world club championship, and it only cost ten bob.

20 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We used to play a cricket game 'Owzthat' I think it was called, which used a special dice. I'm sure we played a football dice game by the same company.  We could use that instead of crappy computers.

There was also Logacta which used dice and complex rules but was surprisingly realistic rules wise.  You had to fill in loads of charts though.

yeah! there were some sh*t wickets about, the ball must have been talking with the scores totalled.