BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good point

Actually if you start thinking about it in more depth than I did by just looking at the casual staff etc it is actually a huge huge problem for many people from pubs to casual staff to hot dog vans and then more further down the chain

It's all sorts

Riverside cafe will struggle. Local ale companies will too with the shutdowns. Casual staff/kids trying to pay their way through college. Pukka Pies.... programme company... badge sellers outside.. local chippies

Edited by TWW Vic

2 minutes ago, paulrs said:

They’ll find a way to finish the season. The ramifications of abandoning it would be massive.

Play the games into the summer and postpone the Euros til next year.

Or finish it in August / September and have some kind of slightly truncated competition next year to get things back in sync.

Both far preferable to a total abandonment (as much as I’d love that)

But players could still be affected in the summer. No club will want to play unless they are at full strengrh. Also, how long would it take to get a player back to full fitness after theyve been affected? What about out of contract players? Our squad will look totally different in August after weve released out of contract players so how would our rivals/Gibson view that? They'd complain we had the advantage of totally changing our squad. It's a real mess. Gonna cause some reyt issues.

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I don’t think they’ll do that. There’d rightly be uproar.

If Liverpool don't get the title and Leeds no promotion I think I might find that moment of bliss impossible to ever repeat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

On what basis could any legal action be successful?

Surely it can’t. 

They can threaten - but I can’t see it.

You know what football is like with its lack of morals.
Would argue season should have been extended or table stands as final on day the season was called off.

Guess what now it’s all about the owners pocket and how deep they are to cover the losses of this and possible further extensions to failed season!!

some clubs may go to wall if it prolongs and plenty of businesses outside will suffer ... 

Edited by dowls

19 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

For those commenting re Liverpool, Leeds etc.  Almost certainly their achievements will be not recognised - the season will be effectively cancelled.

Big financial issues coming as a result. 

think I would be okay them just saying the current positions are final. Yes I don’t really want Liverpool to win the league etc but if it means Wednesday stayed up that the most important for me. Although the relegated teams wouldn’t be happy with this. God knows what will happen.