BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

20 minutes ago, talon said:

He's certainly not ideal, but then again, considering the third rate standard of the present Parliament, it could have been so much worse.

We could now be listening to daily press conferences by Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott.

He's an irresponsible spoiled manchild.. you can see him melting under the pressure.. he's in over his head and he'll be replaced before long..

• Like 1

We should take this virus interruption as an opportunity to reset to square one. Total reboot. Get rid of all players, manager, trainers.

Raise as much money through sales and transfers and start with a fresh manager, and recruit from our lower ranks and transfer in young hungry players who

actually want to play football and prove themselves on a bigger stage.

If only we could boot out the owner as well that would be a bonus.

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

He's an irresponsible spoiled manchild.. you can see him melting under the pressure.. he's in over his head and he'll be replaced before long..

He’s certainly not enjoying himself any longer is he. He was great when he could just say ‘get Brexit done’ and ‘oven ready deal’ and then put his thumbs up. 
I’d definitely rather have Labour looking after the country and it’s people in this situation than this shower. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

He’s certainly not enjoying himself any longer is he. He was great when he could just say ‘get Brexit done’ and ‘oven ready deal’ and then put his thumbs up. 
I’d definitely rather have Labour looking after the country and it’s people in this situation than this shower. 

Maybe.. TM would be my choice.. good post btw..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Carphone warehouse have closed

2000 jobs lost 

And so it begins 

Boris saying avoid cinemas, thetres and pubs without willing to shut them 

At a time like this we need a real leader 

Do people who voted this bloke in, really believe this guy is the one to take us through it? 

Carphone warehouse not COVID-19 related.

But don't let that stop you politicising the pandemic

5 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Carphone warehouse not COVID-19 related.

But don't let that stop you politicising the pandemic

Neither is Laura Ashley, they do mention it but they have been in trouble for years and have been rescued before. There will be business closures due to the virus disruption, and others who will be tipped over the edge by it, but there are plenty who are going under anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Carphone warehouse have closed

2000 jobs lost 

And so it begins 

Boris saying avoid cinemas, thetres and pubs without willing to shut them 

At a time like this we need a real leader 

Do people who voted this bloke in, really believe this guy is the one to take us through it? 

I wouldn't trust Boris as far as I could throw him but Corbyn even less.

They should have closed pubs etc. A lot of them have business interruption insurance. If they are formally closed they can claim off their insurance as it stands they can't. I wonder how many of Boris's mates run insurance companies.

As people we should vote with our feet. Any business taking the p 1 ss with coronavirus should be blackballed. Banks being tough on property owners who can't work...don't use them. Any business doing the right things should be supported. Name and shame. We do have the power.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danish said:

I have no idea how this will all play out.

I'm guessing this season won't be completed which would be very harsh on clubs like Liverpool.

At the end of the day though, who cares? What is happening is far bigger than football.

I have heard people say the season is over but Liverpool should be awarded the title. Why?  Man City could win 8 and draw one of their last 10 games. If Liverpool lose their games City win the title. In our league if we win our last 9 games we get in the playoffs at least, if results go for us we win the league. Sounds ridiculous but it's mathematically possible. And if you give Liverpool the title are you going to relegate the bottom three who have every chance of escaping.  The season has to be cancelled, there are bigger things in life. 

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's not you who is dense.. I put TM because I'd forgotten how to spell Teresa .. I would have been alright with Maye tho for sure..

OK, I'd forgotten about her. Much underrated politician. Stabbed in the back by her own party. At least she seemed to have some compassion which is rare in senior Tories.  

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

It's not you who is dense.. I put TM because I'd forgotten how to spell Teresa .. I would have been alright with Maye tho for sure..

Your lucky, I didn't know who she was until I googled it,  

my mind wanders, it's an age thing. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I have heard people say the season is over but Liverpool should be awarded the title. Why?  Man City could win 8 and draw one of their last 10 games. If Liverpool lose their games City win the title. In our league if we win our last 9 games we get in the playoffs at least, if results go for us we win the league. Sounds ridiculous but it's mathematically possible. And if you give Liverpool the title are you going to relegate the bottom three who have every chance of escaping.  The season has to be cancelled, there are bigger things in life. 

giphy.gif

giphy (1).gif

source.gif

Johnson only really has one shot at saving the UK from a horrid recession -this afternoon.

Gut feel - he and Sunak will soil himself and not do it.  If that is the case, the Tory backbenchers will knife him very, very quickly - within 24 hours-  and install Hunt as PM, and bring Javid back as Chancellor.

The plan needs to start with.

1.  Underwriting the banks

2.  Underwriting the insurers

3.  Guaranteeing net spendable pay packets up to 80% of earnings for the employed by either tax relief / guaranteed payments

4 . Significant other interventions for the non employed sector.

5.  If needed, nationalise critical businesses a la RBS.

6.  Council tax/ credit card repayment/ rent/ mortgage repayment freezes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Johnson only really has one shot at saving the UK from a horrid recession -this afternoon.

Gut feel - he and Sunak will soil himself and not do it.  If that is the case, the Tory backbenchers will knife him very, very quickly - within 24 hours-  and install Hunt as PM, and bring Javid back as Chancellor.

The plan needs to start with.

1.  Underwriting the banks

2.  Underwriting the insurers

3.  Guaranteeing net spendable pay packets up to 80% of earnings for the employed by either tax relief / guaranteed payments

4 . Significant other interventions for the non employed sector.

5.  If needed, nationalise critical businesses a la RBS.

6.  Council tax/ credit card repayment/ rent/ mortgage repayment freezes.

Really can't see the Tories changing a PM at a time like this. Wouldn't look good at all, regardless of how inept Boris is. 

I can not see the season starting again .If there is no horse racing till at least may ,How many players have we out of contract in June ? ,Will this season be wrote off ,New season in August ,This season is Something we will hopefully never see again with the Virus ,The thought of losing some member of our family or friend ,Football at the moment is irrelevant ,I hope you all stay safe as well as your families ,Some of my old Wednesday mates pushing 70 .The thought of season starting again ,This or new ,And them not being here ,Would finish football for me ,Stay well and Healthy WAWAW.

3 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I can not see the season starting again .If there is no horse racing till at least may ,How many players have we out of contract in June ? ,Will this season be wrote off ,New season in August ,This season is Something we will hopefully never see again with the Virus ,The thought of losing some member of our family or friend ,Football at the moment is irrelevant ,I hope you all stay safe as well as your families ,Some of my old Wednesday mates pushing 70 .The thought of season starting again ,This or new ,And them not being here ,Would finish football for me ,Stay well and Healthy WAWAW.

Same to you my friend

Stay safe and well

Keep visiting - we're going nowhere - and let's all keep each other going through this situation

Owlstalk Shop