BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

38 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Tough one, isn't it?

I think it is a job for the United Nations to put pressure on China. After the Second World war we had the Nuremberg Conventions and the formation of the United Nations that were supposed to put an end to aggressive acts and crimes against humanity. Some of the things going on under this regime certainly constitute crimes against humanity but they are not properly challenged. There are fringe groups around the world and well meaning critics but none of that is going to stop this stuff going on. I don't know how it will stop. I am just watching these things happen. :sad:

Yes very tough.

Similar to Saudi but far more powerful.

I would hope the people of China sort their leaders out....if indeed they want too.

I don't think the UN can deal with super powers.

They will not get agreement across the board, imho of course.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

When the panic buyers have stripped the supermarkets , we are going to have to start eating each other , im resigned to that , so forward planning is needed . Ive already started compiling a list of all the fat people up here ,so i can act swiftly once the shelves are bare. 

I turned to cannibalism at half time in the Blackburn match. I was eating my own eyes out,  FFS,  :sleep:  See?

• Haha 2

Guest mkowl
9 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Anyone who thinks the season will be completed is kidding themselves 

Yep that latest advice would seem to dispel any notion - well it will be behind closed doors at best

The players wont be able to train for the next few weeks; at least as a group, which means the teams won't be ready to play games even behind closed doors. This season, in terms of timescales (end of May) is essentially finished. 

If the lockdown measures, that will probably be introduced in April have some desired effect, they may get back together as a squad around June, which means they could realistically start the season in July proving the wider infected numbers are down to a level the government think are acceptable. They'll need two months to finish the season, so say September. They'll then need a month or so rest so you could feasibly see a resumption of a shortened 2020/21 season in October. It would be a best case scenario though.

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

Don’t we have a load of players out of contract on June 30?

Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall, Nuhiu, Hutchinson, Lee, Pelupessy, Fox, Stobbs, - all out of contract this June.

Wickham, Da Cruz, Windass, Murphy, Bates - all have loans coming to an end too.

Our manager is also out of contract.

I hope we get rid of the f*cking lot.  Our squad needs disembowelling.  2 wins in 14 is a sackable run as far as Monk is concerned.

Whenever the football resumes, I hope we appoint a manager of a decent pedigree.

Sell the likes of Reach, Rhodes, Odubajo, Bannan, Dawson or anyone else likely to raise a transfer fee.

Replace the above with young, athletic, injury-free, hungry players with a point to prove.

9 hours ago, mkowl said:

Yep that latest advice would seem to dispel any notion - well it will be behind closed doors at best

Football is nothing without fans, if the season is completed behind closed doors, football will be finished as a sport in my eyes. It's been almost there since the Premier League and Champions League started but without fans it's pointless and soulless.

9 hours ago, BIG D said:

Anyone who thinks the season will be completed is kidding themselves 

This ^

Been saying it all along, if the season can't be completed in time before next season should start, then it simply as to be written off. Because players need a pre-season before next season starts, some players contracts end, etc. It could be September or October or something before football returns fully by which time many clubs would have almost different squads and next season should start in last season's place. Sod the few teams that will miss out on honours and promotion. Health and lives are far more important. The season should just restart from the beginning afresh, like it did after the war.

• Like 1

I have no idea how this will all play out.

I'm guessing this season won't be completed which would be very harsh on clubs like Liverpool.

At the end of the day though, who cares? What is happening is far bigger than football.

• Thanks 1

Carphone warehouse have closed

2000 jobs lost 

And so it begins 

Boris saying avoid cinemas, thetres and pubs without willing to shut them 

At a time like this we need a real leader 

Do people who voted this bloke in, really believe this guy is the one to take us through it? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Carphone warehouse have closed

2000 jobs lost 

And so it begins 

Boris saying avoid cinemas, thetres and pubs without willing to shut them 

At a time like this we need a real leader 

Do people who voted this bloke in, really believe this guy is the one to take us through it? 

He's certainly not ideal, but then again, considering the third rate standard of the present Parliament, it could have been so much worse.

We could now be listening to daily press conferences by Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4