BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

QUESTION 

why are people logging on, clicking into this thread simply to poo poo and dismiss this virus??

If you don’t believe in it, or think it’s just flu that’s fine but why log onto a thread about the ongoing virus to just try and prove it to be a myth???

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

QUESTION 

why are people logging on, clicking into this thread simply to poo poo and dismiss this virus??

If you don’t believe in it, or think it’s just flu that’s fine but why log onto a thread about the ongoing virus to just try and prove it to be a myth???

Who is doing that? I see a lot of debate and people with varying levels of concerns. 

16 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

The media seem to miss out the tens (hundreds?) of thousands that recover absolutely fine - including those in their 70s and above. 

There are no headlines there for the media, they are only interested bad news and creating mass hysteria. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

QUESTION 

Possibly because, like myself, they have very little faith in what governments tell us. I admit that I was very sceptical about what we were being told between December and a couple of weeks ago. However, after reading about it and informing myself on the matter I can now see how potent this virus can be. 

Besides the risk to life, this virus is going to cause all sorts of social and economic problems. We are all seeing martial law beginning to come into effect in Spain . Once these things become "normal" in everyday life it can be a long, long time before the authorities are willing to give up that kind of power.

WAHAW

• Like 2

Think I'm more worried about money than the virus which is a bit daft. 

We are close to the bone passing the bills normally but I'm self employed and in my line of work when the economy tanks the work will dry up. 

Wife is a teacher just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis at 42 and unsure if she'll be able to continue work which adds to the stress. 

On another note we had a visit from my 75 year old mother in law. She is refusing to limit contact and even refusing to wash her hands at church while serving people refreshments. Really made me angry that. If she isn't burgers about having it then fair enough but it's not right she could help spread it too others. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Im in an at risk group so can’t afford to get this virus at all.

My partner has been sent to work from home, some of the staff there have been laid off, and those left could be forced to go part time and the lay off clause in contracts could be invoked. The whole business could go under in less than a few months (Business is import and sales of goods from Italy, mostly made in Venice).

My mother in law has one lung and is ill, over seventy, and would no way survive even a mild attack from this virus.

Worrying times..

How are you guys? Anyone in similar situation?

Take it steady mate. 

Think everyone thought this whole thing had been blown up out of all proportions, but now it’s happening and becoming very worrying. Although the panic buying is ludicrous.

We advocate #bekind and all that, yet we can’t even ration toilet roll between ourselves and argue over hand sanitiser. 

1 minute ago, darklord said:

Think I'm more worried about money than the virus which is a bit daft. 

We are close to the bone passing the bills normally but I'm self employed and in my line of work when the economy tanks the work will dry up. 

Wife is a teacher just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis at 42 and unsure if she'll be able to continue work which adds to the stress. 

On another note we had a visit from my 75 year old mother in law. She is refusing to limit contact and even refusing to wash her hands at church while serving people refreshments. Really made me angry that. If she isn't burgers about having it then fair enough but it's not right she could help spread it too others. 

Sorry to hear that mate 

The older generation certainly have dug their heels in on this one to a degree

Theyre going to be tricky to help

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Possibly because, like myself, they have very little faith in what governments tell us. I admit that I was very sceptical about what we were being told between December and a couple of weeks ago. However, after reading about it and informing myself on the matter I can now see how potent this virus can be. 

Besides the risk to life, this virus is going to cause all sorts of social and economic problems. We are all seeing martial law beginning to come into effect in Spain . Once these things become "normal" in everyday life it can be a long, long time before the authorities are willing to give up that kind of power.

WAHAW

Have you overlooked the usual sign off?

Standards..

When scientsts say those with 'underlying health conditions' are most at risk are they primarily talking about people who have made poor lifestyle choices, or people with genuine health complications, excluding respiratory issues, that can't be avoided?

Just now, Mighty0wls said:

When scientsts say those with 'underlying health conditions' are most at risk are they primarily talking about people who have made poor lifestyle choices, or people with genuine health complications, excluding respiratory issues, that can't be avoided?

It's exactly what they've said.. don't start the blame game mate.. don't go there!!

3 minutes ago, Mighty0wls said:

Poor lifestyle choices???

Really????

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Costello 77 said:

It's exactly what they've said.. don't start the blame game mate.. don't go there!!

Don't see how I could be blaming anyone, or who I could even be blaming.

As I understand it underlying health conditions would mean people with a genetic presdisposition to a certain disorder, but I don't know, which is why I'm asking

1 minute ago, Mighty0wls said:

Don't see how I could be blaming anyone, or who I could even be blaming.

As I understand it underlying health conditions would mean people with a genetic presdisposition to a certain disorder, but I don't know, which is why I'm asking

Why are you really asking?

Edited by Costello 77

In terms of testing, at what point would you consider it? The latest figures show only 3.5% of those tested were positive. It makes you wonder what symptoms the other 96.5% had to justify being tested, and how the NHS will be able to deal with testing if the numbers increase significantly.

Graphic on UK deaths and infections