DeeJayOne

BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

As I’ve just posted elsewhere I think it’s better to write off season 20/21 as it hasn’t happened yet.

Finish this season when we can and then make up some friendly tournaments to fill the time till next May 

That would effect season ticket sales and gates for next season if there is no proper meaningful league to support, as well as the problem with players contracts running out

better to wright this one off and start with a meaningful league in August

At least we can still get our footie fix at lower level games. 

Stocksbridge Park Steels. V Cleethorpes Town today 3pm kick off at Braken moor. Then a few pints in the club house after. 

Happy Days 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

As mentioned previously, I’ve already calculated the number of deaths at just over half a million. That’s just the UK. And that’s just for the current strain of the virus, which may mutate as they often do.

UK Population 66,500,000. 

80% infection rate.

1% death rate.

Death is the business to be in over the next few years. Forget burials and gatherings for funerals. My guess is cremations only on a conveyor belt basis.

Not understanding why people aren’t getting this, but fully understanding why this site now needs to evolve to talk about more important things than football.

The world has radically changed overnight. This site will have an increasing role to play in maintaining spirits, a feeling of togetherness, providing support, and encouraging people to help others out. The same applies to all other online communities.

I understand your point, but I believe this current concern/hysteria is because this virus is new and there's no current vaccine. I feel this will just become part of the fabric of society in future and people will become less concerned and accept it's the norm.

We've been doing this with winter flue for decades, with UK deaths alone at 300K or so. This is hardly reported and we certainly don't shut down half the country between Oct-March every year.

We should be focusing on the very vulnerable as it's them that will feel the full force of this, and as long as the 99% of the population, who will suffer only a minor inconvenience, focus on this point we should be able to manage the impact.

14 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I am not necessarily backing the assumption. It would represent a counter argument though. The possibility of Liverpool being caught is only a mathematical one and, even then, only one club would remain in the equation. I doubt even Pep would deny the right of the trophy going to Anfield.

But then you would have teams saying that they would have probably ended up in this position and should have a European place, should be promoted

I can understand where you are coming from but it could lean to court cases from teams who can show they have lost money because they haven't been promoted and it has cost them money, got to be one rule for all, for a change

Just now, the third man said:

But then you would have teams saying that they would have probably ended up in this position and should have a European place, should be promoted

I can understand where you are coming from but it could lean to court cases from teams who can show they have lost money because they haven't been promoted and it has cost them money, got to be one rule for all, for a change

Have just had a read of this,see what you think.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8111151/Liverpool-set-given-Premier-League-title-season-ended-coronavirus.html

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Could rumble on and on and on

Saw two professor  types on Channel Four News having a go at each what the best the plan is going forward.

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

I reckon that, if a straw poll was run now among all chairmen, managers and coaches in the four divisions, the unanimous verdict would be that Liverpool are worthy champions and deserve the crown. No other outcome could or would draw the same conclusion.

4 minutes ago, the third man said:

I think they will have to do it democratically. The PL & EFL will have to announce a proposed solution, then all the clubs vote for it. This then has the legitimacy and avoids (doesn't rule out though) clubs suing.

16 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I reckon that, if a straw poll was run now among all chairmen, managers and coaches in the four divisions, the unanimous verdict would be that Liverpool are worthy champions and deserve the crown. No other outcome could or would draw the same conclusion.

You're using logic and reason to arrive at that decision, football doesn't work like that.  Sod em 

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You're using logic and reason to arrive at that decision, football doesn't work like that.  Sod em 

Can not stand her but in this case I’d back her all the way 

2477452A-B1B6-419F-813F-CEB38C6A9078.png

• Agree 1

In times of trouble, and coronavirus may go on for some years, people tend to go home, where they feel most comfortable.

I expect the Chansiris to return to, and remain in, Thailand, and their association with the club to dwindle.

Expect Mr C to sell the club else put a team in place to run it on his behalf. Assuming the EFL restarts anytime soon.

21 hours ago, theowlsman said:

You might be interested in following this series of YouTube vids if like me, you’re keeping up with all this stuff........

One of the drivers behind pushing the space race, getting out there to find other places to live.

There’s a rumour we’ve already cracked space travel, that UFOs have actually been built here on Earth by us mere humans, and we’re already out there in the Universe exploring.

I’m prepared to listen to anything and keep my mind open to all these theories. You just never know nowadays, who’d have thought we’d be looking at a Pandemic for real.

Funny that. I wrote a story when I was a kid about 50 years back, called the human race and it was about our race for survival. The race to get us off the planet before we killed each other, by war, pollution or whatever. I mentioned it to my son after watching the first series of lost in space on Netflix and we discussed lots of philosophical stuff around the subject. The funny thing is that the main ship in the tv programme works using alien technology. Apart from the usual helpings of American cheese and characters annoying habits of keeping things to themselves, the series is very well done and a great watch if there's not going to be any footy to watch! 

Thanks for the link to youtube films. The one you put in your post is the most informative thing I've seen so far. Just going to add 10 boxes of buckwheat tea to my shopping list, just under the 200 toilet rolls!

lol  UTO! 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, the third man said:

That would effect season ticket sales and gates for next season if there is no proper meaningful league to support, as well as the problem with players contracts running out

better to wright this one off and start with a meaningful league in August

There would be law suits all other the place if they write this season off.  What about Coventry who are finally close to returning to the top 2 leagues?

or Norwich who have got to an fa cup quarter  final?

Or wolves who are close to champions league places?

i notice teams like West Ham are shock horror in favour of the season being null and void.  I doubt everyone will feel the same 

in my opinion this season HAS to be completed and players contracts extended till it ends.  

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

There would be law suits all other the place if they write this season off.  What about Coventry who are finally close to returning to the top 2 leagues?

or Norwich who have got to an fa cup quarter  final?

Or wolves who are close to champions league places?

i notice teams like West Ham are shock horror in favour of the season being null and void.  I doubt everyone will feel the same 

in my opinion this season HAS to be completed and players contracts extended till it ends.  

Nah. Force majeure applies. Act of God.

• Agree 1

This will all be forgotten in a couple of months 

Like it has been with all the other virus related epidemics over the years 

But as humans we love to speculate and anticipate the worst as it makes our lives more exciting 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Saw two professor  types on Channel Four News having a go at each what the best the plan is going forward.

I have argued the same thing. From a purely logical perspective if we had a global coro-19 party, like when we were kids and everybody went to see the kids with chicken pox, so that everybody caught it. We would all get a good dose of the infection. Different people would react in different ways depending on how healthy they are, how strong their immune system is etc, but a lot of people that would catch it would die. The rest would recover and that would be the end of it.

If the ones likely to die do not come into contact with the virus, then when everybody else has recovered and had a good hose down, again after a safe period of a couple of weeks or so, that should be the end of it. What we are doing now is just buying a bit of time before an antidote, or treatment can be found, or mass produced, so that people can be immunised or fortified with something that reduces the effects. According to the film that theowlsman posted, there are several things being tested at the moment that show promise in lab tests. This just needs to be moved out into testing on actual sufferers of the virus and then into production, so things may calm down a bit soon, depending on how quickly all the drug manufacturers can react. Interesting times we live in though. 

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

19 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

But what about teams, like us, who have players out of contract who are no where near the first team, would we have to continue to pay them past there contract end date?

and what about the impact it will have on next season, starting the season two months late and still having to finish on time for the Euros, which wont be played this year?

12 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

This will all be forgotten in a couple of months 

Like it has been with all the other virus related epidemics over the years 

But as humans we love to speculate and anticipate the worst as it makes our lives more exciting 

100%  spot on.