BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I guess the counter argument might be that the only 100% forgone conclusion that can be drawn in any of the four divisions is that the title would have been won by Liverpool. I doubt there is a manager, coach or chairman in any of the leagues that would dispute it.

cant be a 100% forgone conclusion if they can be caught though, only on the balance of probabilities

30 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Times are saying that Liverpool are going to be awarded the title.

Fair enough imo. Not as if it’s a tight title race. However if the EFL do the same it will mean those tw@ts Leeds are up. Also what happens if they dock us points? We would be down without even having a chance of surviving. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, the third man said:

cant be a 100% forgone conclusion if they can be caught though, only on the balance of probabilities

I am not necessarily backing the assumption. It would represent a counter argument though. The possibility of Liverpool being caught is only a mathematical one and, even then, only one club would remain in the equation. I doubt even Pep would deny the right of the trophy going to Anfield.

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

As I’ve just posted elsewhere I think it’s better to write off season 20/21 as it hasn’t happened yet.

Finish this season when we can and then make up some friendly tournaments to fill the time till next May 

That would effect season ticket sales and gates for next season if there is no proper meaningful league to support, as well as the problem with players contracts running out

better to wright this one off and start with a meaningful league in August

At least we can still get our footie fix at lower level games. 

Stocksbridge Park Steels. V Cleethorpes Town today 3pm kick off at Braken moor. Then a few pints in the club house after. 

Happy Days 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

As mentioned previously, I’ve already calculated the number of deaths at just over half a million. That’s just the UK. And that’s just for the current strain of the virus, which may mutate as they often do.

UK Population 66,500,000. 

80% infection rate.

1% death rate.

Death is the business to be in over the next few years. Forget burials and gatherings for funerals. My guess is cremations only on a conveyor belt basis.

Not understanding why people aren’t getting this, but fully understanding why this site now needs to evolve to talk about more important things than football.

The world has radically changed overnight. This site will have an increasing role to play in maintaining spirits, a feeling of togetherness, providing support, and encouraging people to help others out. The same applies to all other online communities.

I understand your point, but I believe this current concern/hysteria is because this virus is new and there's no current vaccine. I feel this will just become part of the fabric of society in future and people will become less concerned and accept it's the norm.

We've been doing this with winter flue for decades, with UK deaths alone at 300K or so. This is hardly reported and we certainly don't shut down half the country between Oct-March every year.

We should be focusing on the very vulnerable as it's them that will feel the full force of this, and as long as the 99% of the population, who will suffer only a minor inconvenience, focus on this point we should be able to manage the impact.

14 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I am not necessarily backing the assumption. It would represent a counter argument though. The possibility of Liverpool being caught is only a mathematical one and, even then, only one club would remain in the equation. I doubt even Pep would deny the right of the trophy going to Anfield.

But then you would have teams saying that they would have probably ended up in this position and should have a European place, should be promoted

I can understand where you are coming from but it could lean to court cases from teams who can show they have lost money because they haven't been promoted and it has cost them money, got to be one rule for all, for a change

Just now, the third man said:

But then you would have teams saying that they would have probably ended up in this position and should have a European place, should be promoted

I can understand where you are coming from but it could lean to court cases from teams who can show they have lost money because they haven't been promoted and it has cost them money, got to be one rule for all, for a change

Have just had a read of this,see what you think.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8111151/Liverpool-set-given-Premier-League-title-season-ended-coronavirus.html

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

I reckon that, if a straw poll was run now among all chairmen, managers and coaches in the four divisions, the unanimous verdict would be that Liverpool are worthy champions and deserve the crown. No other outcome could or would draw the same conclusion.

4 minutes ago, the third man said:

I think they will have to do it democratically. The PL & EFL will have to announce a proposed solution, then all the clubs vote for it. This then has the legitimacy and avoids (doesn't rule out though) clubs suing.

16 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I reckon that, if a straw poll was run now among all chairmen, managers and coaches in the four divisions, the unanimous verdict would be that Liverpool are worthy champions and deserve the crown. No other outcome could or would draw the same conclusion.

You're using logic and reason to arrive at that decision, football doesn't work like that.  Sod em 

In times of trouble, and coronavirus may go on for some years, people tend to go home, where they feel most comfortable.

I expect the Chansiris to return to, and remain in, Thailand, and their association with the club to dwindle.

Expect Mr C to sell the club else put a team in place to run it on his behalf. Assuming the EFL restarts anytime soon.

21 hours ago, theowlsman said:

You might be interested in following this series of YouTube vids if like me, you’re keeping up with all this stuff........

One of the drivers behind pushing the space race, getting out there to find other places to live.

There’s a rumour we’ve already cracked space travel, that UFOs have actually been built here on Earth by us mere humans, and we’re already out there in the Universe exploring.

I’m prepared to listen to anything and keep my mind open to all these theories. You just never know nowadays, who’d have thought we’d be looking at a Pandemic for real.

Funny that. I wrote a story when I was a kid about 50 years back, called the human race and it was about our race for survival. The race to get us off the planet before we killed each other, by war, pollution or whatever. I mentioned it to my son after watching the first series of lost in space on Netflix and we discussed lots of philosophical stuff around the subject. The funny thing is that the main ship in the tv programme works using alien technology. Apart from the usual helpings of American cheese and characters annoying habits of keeping things to themselves, the series is very well done and a great watch if there's not going to be any footy to watch! 

Thanks for the link to youtube films. The one you put in your post is the most informative thing I've seen so far. Just going to add 10 boxes of buckwheat tea to my shopping list, just under the 200 toilet rolls!

lol  UTO! 

• Haha 1