DeeJayOne

BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

National League games going ahead - BBC Sport

National League statement: Following a Board meeting held today, the National League has decided to allow matches in its three divisions to proceed as planned this weekend.

The National League will keep the operation of its competition under constant and diligent review, and will remain in compliance with government advice at all times.

The Football Association has offered its guidance, and made it clear the decision to continue or to suspend a competition is a matter for each league to make.

19 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Klopp has set the tone.

This is what it is

Wont be legal action, wont be outrage.  Season will be cancelled and declared null and void.  Liverpool stand to lose the most and have rightly set the tone.  Good for them.

National league likely to see increased attendances as well.......double edged sword?

So hyperthetically the season restarts mid May, with a dozen or so games to play, it won’t be finished until early July. Would teams be able to sign players from June 1st? Can you imagine the carnage for those in big battles? If they can’t what happens to clubs, like us, with ten or more pros out of contract?

This is not going to end well. Can you imagine if wolves sign a striker on June 1st who scores a shedload to keep them out of a Euro spot. And the FA cup would players be able to play in that if it goes beyond June 1st.

I can see the legal eagles sharpening their biros as we speek

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

If they can’t what happens to clubs, like us, with ten or more pros out of contract?

Sue the efl for making us sell / release em

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Klopp has set the tone.

This is what it is

Wont be legal action, wont be outrage.  Season will be cancelled and declared null and void.  Liverpool stand to lose the most and have rightly set the tone.  Good for them.

That’s not quite what he said? Going by the quote, or is there more I’ve missed? Not decrying what’s said in the quote by the way. 

9 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

20000 at Boreham Wood tomorrow

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So hyperthetically the season restarts mid May, with a dozen or so games to play, it won’t be finished until early July. Would teams be able to sign players from June 1st? Can you imagine the carnage for those in big battles? If they can’t what happens to clubs, like us, with ten or more pros out of contract?

This is not going to end well. Can you imagine if wolves sign a striker on June 1st who scores a shedload to keep them out of a Euro spot. And the FA cup would players be able to play in that if it goes beyond June 1st.

I can see the legal eagles sharpening their biros as we speek

Yup. Messy messy messy.

Easier to just give us our points deduction now but then just void the whole season I reckon.

Also due to no gate receipts etc they should void the ffp stats too.

Clean slate for everyone.

Easy. I'll email the efl now with my amazing plan.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Klopp has set the tone.

This is what it is

He hasn't really said that though has he? He's talking quite rightly about the current situation but not about how this will pan out.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

E8B5A8FB-80D6-4F15-86AC-8EEF3A0581B9.jpeg

mate in Spain just sent me this

COVID19 TV channel dedicated to Coronavirus

Can you fly from Donny to Alaska?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

National league likely to see increased attendances as well.......double edged sword?

Much needed extra income for the clubs though. 

3 hours ago, striker said:

I'm trying to bring myself to be sympathetic for them, but finding it difficult 

Don't be, I used to work in a bookies, it's a vile industry.

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

E8B5A8FB-80D6-4F15-86AC-8EEF3A0581B9.jpeg

mate in Spain just sent me this

COVID19 TV channel dedicated to Coronavirus

Also covered each time they release one of the Coronavirus vids I’ve copied into this thread earlier (from YouTube).

By the way, your mate in Spain has illegal IPTV. That’s STB Emu Pro software (Set Top Box Emulator) ran usually on an Android box.  lol

National league game Solihull v Harrogate now off as 4 employees have suspected Coronavirus 

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

We could just take the first half of the seasons results and base the league table on that.....

Using Duckworth-Lewis, had the Brentford game been abandoned two minutes into the second half last Saturday, we would have only needed to score one goal to win.

Imagine the caption on Sky:-

BRENTFORD 3 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1 (Wednesday win D/L)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Can you fly from Donny to Alaska?

Dunno why you would want to, that’s as red as here?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Also covered each time they release one of the Coronavirus vids I’ve copied into this thread earlier (from YouTube).

By the way, your mate in Spain has illegal IPTV. That’s STB Emu Pro software (Set Top Box Emulator) ran usually on an Android box.  lol

Send the coppers out to find him to shut his TV down then 

lol

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Send the coppers out to find him to shut his TV down then 

lol

He’ll have his VPN on. They’ll not trace him.

*Coughs* A friend told me 

lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

*Coughs* A friend told me

Self isolate!!!!

• Haha 4