DeeJayOne

BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

23 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Don’t get me confused with the Chinese, they’ll eat owt from their wet houses. Nearest I get to wet houses is wet trousers.

Hope that’s through fishing Si. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, talon said:

An Owlstalk Deadpool?

Just started one now, I'm afraid I've drawn the first name which is EVERYONE.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I think we enough of the way through the season to adopt something similar to the Lewis & Duckworth method in cricket.

Something like Points/Games to give you an average Points per Game total for the season so far and re-adjust the league table accordingly. Whilst it would be amusing for fans who don't support those clubs, imagine Liverpool missing out on their first league title in 30 years, Leeds missing a return to the Premier League, etc. by just voiding the season.

Don't know if there is a precedent - seasons interrupted by war, etc?

We could just take the first half of the seasons results and base the league table on that.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

We could just take the first half of the seasons results and base the league table on that.....

That's a vote from me! lol

4 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

Hope that’s through fishing Si. :ph34r:

Mostly unless I pish myself 😁

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Anyhow Owls Talkers, we’ve got to retain a sense of humour through all this, and look after each other, else we’re cream crackered.

Just saying, don’t stress. Nowt you can do about it anyhow, just go with the flow and keep your fingers crossed.

Heard today that the virus doesn’t last long on surfaces either, but carry on washing your hands anyhow. 

And if you must wear a facemask thingy you need an N95 product endorsed by NIOSH. Others are a waste of time

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Things happen for a reason, nature is an amazing thing.

The planet is over-populated. There isn’t enough food for us all when you look at future population predictions.

Nature is doing its thing to redress the balance.

There could be 65,000,000 deaths worldwide according to one leading virologist from Hong Kong I listened to on YouTube last night.

But its not all bad news, they may have found a cure. Been proven using tests in test tubes with infected cells. Hydroxychloroquine is what they think the answer is but needs to be tested with volunteers. Something to do with zinc ionophores.

Yes we were thinking the same when this first started. We had just watched the terrifying Chris Packham Horizon programme, "7.7 Billion People and Rising", which showed you how the population was rising so rapidly that we would soon be crawling all over each other like a box of maggots and struggle to eat drink and breathe as a consequence.

We will need a few more than 65M to snuff it, if we are going to curb the population explosion. Most of those old folk that die will just be see as freeing up a bit of extra space for more kids, unless we take control like they did back in China a few decades back. 

image.thumb.png.ccbc2e2f4da36ae4a836266939e83ef3.png

2 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Yes we were thinking the same when this first started. We had just watched the terrifying Chris Packham Horizon programme, "7.7 Billion People and Rising", which showed you how the population was rising so rapidly that we would soon be crawling all over each other like a box of maggots and struggle to eat drink and breathe as a consequence.

We will need a few more than 65M to snuff it, if we are going to curb the population explosion. Most of those old folk that die will just be see as freeing up a bit of extra space for more kids, unless we take control like they did back in China a few decades back. 

image.thumb.png.ccbc2e2f4da36ae4a836266939e83ef3.png

One of the drivers behind pushing the space race, getting out there to find other places to live.

There’s a rumour we’ve already cracked space travel, that UFOs have actually been built here on Earth by us mere humans, and we’re already out there in the Universe exploring.

I’m prepared to listen to anything and keep my mind open to all these theories. You just never know nowadays, who’d have thought we’d be looking at a Pandemic for real.

21 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

and as playoffs can't go ahead, just let the 3rd p!ace team go up

Season will be null and void.

Absolutely gutted for the Blunts and Leeds.

Such bad luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

One of the drivers behind pushing the space race, getting out there to find other places to live.

There’s a rumour we’ve already cracked space travel, that UFOs have actually been built here on Earth by us mere humans, and we’re already out there in the Universe exploring.

I’m prepared to listen to anything and keep my mind open to all these theories. You just never know nowadays, who’d have thought we’d be looking at a Pandemic for real.

I just hope it collapses soon like the swine and bird flu. Apparently Wuhan City, is the epicentre of the virus outbreak, in Hubei province in China and they have had only 5 new reported incidents for two days in a row now, which was previously 10 or more, per day. So they are hopefully bottoming out, but as this was first reported in December, as I said earlier, it is likely to take several months before we have no new reported cases in the UK and any changes to the isolating, or extra care being taken and it could just blow up again and carry on like that until we have an antidote, or te virus mutates into something hopefully less contagious and less harmful. 

All understandable to be honest, the Premier League and EFL need to protect their businesses and without fit and healthy teams to compete, they’re done for.

Probably are anyway for a good long while.

Does it mean Liverpool don't win the League but are still Champions of Europe if the season is cancelled? And do we stay up and Leeds don't go up? :ghoulguy:

We must've known at Christmas, that's why we've been saving ourselves for next season. :ph34r:lol

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Season will be null and void.

Absolutely gutted for the Blunts and Leeds.

Such bad luck.

The bigger question is will this count as one of the FFP years ? ground sale wiped out and court case dropped?

Edited by agentwalker

4 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I just hope it collapses soon like the swine and bird flu. Apparently Wuhan City, is the epicentre of the virus outbreak, in Hubei province in China and they have had only 5 new reported incidents for two days in a row now, which was previously 10 or more, per day. So they are hopefully bottoming out, but as this was first reported in December, as I said earlier, it is likely to take several months before we have no new reported cases in the UK and any changes to the isolating, or extra care being taken and it could just blow up again and carry on like that until we have an antidote, or te virus mutates into something hopefully less contagious and less harmful. 

You might be interested in following this series of YouTube vids if like me, you’re keeping up with all this stuff........

Does this mean the EFL will be able to concentrate their efforts on our point docking case? Do we still want the points hit now, or should we perhaps ask the EFL to shelve it until we have a chance to get some more points on the board?

I've heard Betfred is furious! 🤧

lol 

'I'm underwhelmed by the government's response' - Nigel Pearson

Watford manager Nigel Pearson says the UK government has shown a 'lack of leadership' in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

He was specifically referring to Prime Minister Boris Johnson's press conference on Thursday.

Pearson said: "I was totally underwhelmed by the lack of leadership and clear message in terms of what was said in that press conference." 

"I think it's important that we are proactive and that hopefully the Premier League will make stong decision based on what is right for everybody.

"We've told all the players and training ground staff to stay at home, as a precaution."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Does it mean Liverpool don't win the League but are still Champions of Europe if the season is cancelled? And do we stay up and Leeds don't go up? :ghoulguy:

We must've known at Christmas, that's why we've been saving ourselves for next season. :ph34r:lol

I think it may have started on one of our team building nights out at Spearmint Rhino! There was a hushed up story about a virus in the camp, just before they all started playing in slow motion and forgetting what a ball looked like!  😷

lol

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

'I'm underwhelmed by the government's response' - Nigel Pearson

Watford manager Nigel Pearson says the UK government has shown a 'lack of leadership' in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

He was specifically referring to Prime Minister Boris Johnson's press conference on Thursday.

Pearson said: "I was totally underwhelmed by the lack of leadership and clear message in terms of what was said in that press conference." 

"I think it's important that we are proactive and that hopefully the Premier League will make stong decision based on what is right for everybody.

"We've told all the players and training ground staff to stay at home, as a precaution."

Great stuff from Pearson

Edited by scram
  • Like 1