What happens?

10 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Best thing to do is move euro 2020 till next summer and play out the remaining league matches in Europe between Easter and June. Basically suspend football for the next 3-4 weeks 

the issue with that is the predicted peak of the virus here is expected to be around June 

Think this season will be voided and the the record books will read cancelled due to Coronavirus.

Everything will be the same as the start of the season promotion relegation wise. 

And as for us. I recon they probably say the financial year doesn't exist if the season doesn't exist. Dont know how that helps us.

This season will be cancelled because there's simply no way of fitting the rest of the season in with player contracts; the Euro's, pre-season and next season. Also the peak time for the virus is around the time of the Euro's.

I think that means the EFL threat of a points deduction will carry over to next season, along with contracts, as though next season is this season?

3 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Question:

How would a transfer season happen if you don’t know which players will make it through this virus?

It doesn't seem to be life threatening to football aged players, the elderly; homeless, vulnerable and already sick are most at risk. I would imagine clubs would be insured in such circumstances or able to make an emergency transfers like in some other major Leagues or clubs will have to promote more youth players into their first teams? Regardless, people's health and well being, should be most important. There are issues to overcome with cancelling this season but not as many as there would be if this season is completed at a later date. Those issues will just have to be faced and overcome in due course. But in most sensible likelihood it appears highly likely that this season will eventually be cancelled.

14 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

This season will be cancelled because there's simply no way of fitting the rest of the season in with player contracts; the Euro's, pre-season and next season. Also the peak time for the virus is around the time of the Euro's.

I think that means the EFL threat of a points deduction will carry over to next season, along with contracts, as though next season is this season?

Agree except the contracts bit.  You are contracted till 2020 that's when it ends. 

Impossible to change that. 

It will be the 20/21 season not the 19/20 season.

12 hours ago, owls79 said:

If the season is ended early regarding our points deduction surely not fair to put them onto next season. And what about the players contracts if season delayed so they get it renewed for a couple of months or they simply won’t be able to play?

Let's be honest I'd prefer next season so we can work them off if it goes on the way it is going then the longer season takes to continue the more likely itll be deduction this season and we relegated and I dont think any if us want that. Let them do it next season but at this rate I do think fate is out if our hands and we will be league one sorry 

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Agree except the contracts bit.  You are contracted till 2020 that's when it ends. 

Impossible to change that. 

It will be the 20/21 season not the 19/20 season.

Yeah you're probably correct, not sure about that side of it to be honest but it appears to me to be no way of completing this season. The financial implications they will have to face and overcome in time but it pales in comparison to the importance of people's health. Maybe football will finally become more realistic again for a year or so, whilst it recovers and overcomes the implications of a cancelled season or a period of shutdown?

Edited by The Night-Owl

12 hours ago, Blue and white said:

With any luck they will just ban Chansiri from football and leave us alone.

Until we go into Admin when nobody’s paying the bills and they wanna dock us another, what is it ? 15pts for admin ? 

Cant wait 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Until we go into Admin when nobody’s paying the bills and they wanna dock us another, what is it ? 15pts for admin ? 

Cant wait 

Unless Chansiri seriously believes he can turn this mess around (which I have serious doubts about) what is there in this for him to carry on chucking so much money at us ad infinitum without any realistic return on investment? I cannot see any other outcome but him eventually cutting his losses and sell at a hugely discounted price or, more likely, we eventually reach the point where administration is the only way out?

9 hours ago, sMacLean said:

I think it'll be next season proper before we see a ball kicked again. 

I’m not so sure. The current hiatus is long enough for clubs to quarantine all of their players. If most emerge from that healthy, then I’d expect the season to conclude with a fairly rapid set of matches behind closed doors.

Abandoning the season is a legal minefield. I’d expect the PL and the EFL to move mountains to avoid it.

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Unless Chansiri seriously believes he can turn this mess around (which I have serious doubts about) what is there in this for him to carry on chucking so much money at us ad infinitum without any realistic return on investment? I cannot see any other outcome but him eventually cutting his losses and sell at a hugely discounted price or, more likely, we eventually reach the point where administration is the only way out?

I’d be inclined to agree that admin may be the route we end up down if DC is forced out by the fan base ,   the money he’s spent has gone , barring promotion he won’t see a penny of it back in any sale and I’m sure he will know that 

Just now, Royal_D said:

I’d be inclined to agree that admin may be the route we end up down if DC is forced out by the fan base ,   the money he’s spent has gone , barring promotion he won’t see a penny of it back in any sale and I’m sure he will know that 

I honestly do not believe it will be the fans that ultimately force him out. He will have to make stark decisions based on his own financial position and whether it is worth pumping in the kind of money required to keep us going. He has no real emotional connection regardless of what he might say. So where are the incentives to carry on losing money hand over foot?

13 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Would imagine they'd squeeze the games in before July 1st.

If not then player contracts may be the least of people's worries.

The current government plan is to delay the peak of infection and spread it out. The peak of cases is likely to be May to July with a long tail going into mid autumn. So there is no chance of this season being resumed until the autumn, after what would normally be the start of next season. So they can either have a null season for 2019-20 and start 2020/21 late or make 2020/21 a short season which effectively completes this season. Whichever, they have to decide if there is any promotion or relegation and also revise financial rules as most clubs are going to lose huge amounts of income with ongoing high salary costs. 

For those of us who are still around in 6 months, it may well work in our favour. 

Edited by Aingarth
Mistake

Guest LittleG
On 13/03/2020 at 08:29, Southie_Owl said:

Best thing to do is move euro 2020 till next summer and play out the remaining league matches in Europe between Easter and June. Basically suspend football for the next 3-4 weeks 

You really think this is going to be all over in 3-4 weeks!