Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If the season is ended early regarding our points deduction surely not fair to put them onto next season. And what about the players contracts if season delayed so they get it renewed for a couple of months or they simply won’t be able to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would imagine they'd squeeze the games in before July 1st.

 

If not then player contracts may be the least of people's worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, owls79 said:

If the season is ended early regarding our points deduction surely not fair to put them onto next season. And what about the players contracts if season delayed so they get it renewed for a couple of months or they simply won’t be able to play?

With any luck they will just ban Chansiri from football and leave us alone.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they didn’t carry over the deduction to next season then we won’t have received any punishment and I’m guessing the EFL wouldn’t be happy with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best thing to do is move euro 2020 till next summer and play out the remaining league matches in Europe between Easter and June. Basically suspend football for the next 3-4 weeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Would imagine they'd squeeze the games in before July 1st.

 

If not then player contracts may be the least of people's worries.

Doubt that. The Government are saying this will peak in 10 to 14 weeks from now - that’s roughly end of May and into June - and will be high for about 4 weeks before and after the peak -so seems like we’re in trouble from about beginning of May through to end of July. Big decisions for the EFL but When you look at what’s happening in Italy football comes way down the scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EFL meeting this morning, expected to follow premier league, so maybe some developments !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t understand the OP.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest not many games left, if the cancelled rest of the season there would be uproar.

 

If we had -21 in the champ next season we would be down already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can tell....this is basically the beginning of the end of the world.

 

So I wouldn't worry about points deductions.

 

I'm just glad I didn't buy a 10 year season ticket...phew.

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owls79 said:

If the season is ended early regarding our points deduction surely not fair to put them onto next season. And what about the players contracts if season delayed so they get it renewed for a couple of months or they simply won’t be able to play?

 

Steve Gibson would decide who is relegated. 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Best thing to do is move euro 2020 till next summer and play out the remaining league matches in Europe between Easter and June. Basically suspend football for the next 3-4 weeks 


Spot on,  surely will happen now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, owls79 said:

If the season is ended early regarding our points deduction surely not fair to put them onto next season. And what about the players contracts if season delayed so they get it renewed for a couple of months or they simply won’t be able to play?

Most people have enough to worry about without mithering over hypothetical situations that may never happen. It's very worrying.  :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Best thing to do is move euro 2020 till next summer and play out the remaining league matches in Europe between Easter and June. Basically suspend football for the next 3-4 weeks 


Looks to be happening, football league suspended till 4th April 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andypandy said:

EFL meeting this morning, expected to follow premier league, so maybe some developments !

Do the EFL ever make a decision or do they just copy what ever the premier league do.

 

We may as well not have an EFL for what use they are. Just have the premier league run everything the do anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seasons over, there are too many implications, what happens to the playoffs for example, once contracts have expired that’s it, players are not insured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Seasons over, there are too many implications, what happens to the playoffs for example, once contracts have expired that’s it, players are not insured.

You’d think that players would just extend their contracts by a month or so, but then you’d have clubs wanting to extend some players and not others depending on form, injury etc

 

It’s a bit of a mess. It’s going to be interesting to see how it pans out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please note - 'EFL statement says matches are POSTPONED' until 3 Apr. Doesn't say cancelled, and the date can also be moved further into the year..

For once, it appears to me that despite being behind the PL, the EFL have acted quickly and decisively FOR ONCE.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, doubleo said:

Doubt that. The Government are saying this will peak in 10 to 14 weeks from now - that’s roughly end of May and into June - and will be high for about 4 weeks before and after the peak -so seems like we’re in trouble from about beginning of May through to end of July. Big decisions for the EFL but When you look at what’s happening in Italy football comes way down the scale.

I think it'll be next season proper before we see a ball kicked again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

I think it'll be next season proper before we see a ball kicked again. 

No bad thing really! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...