Monk vague over David Bates omission

If he’s not good enough and he’s not playing why didn’t  we send him back and save his wages? Bearing in mind we’re skint. Could we have done this in January and brought in a midfielder? Or did Monk not think to make this decision? Does he only make one at a time and then lay down for a rest for a month or two?  Dreading close season when he rebuilds the team. 

15 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

If he’s not good enough and he’s not playing why didn’t  we send him back and save his wages? Bearing in mind we’re skint. Could we have done this in January and brought in a midfielder? Or did Monk not think to make this decision? Does he only make one at a time and then lay down for a rest for a month or two?  Dreading close season when he rebuilds the team. 

Loan arrangements for footballers aren't like returning a pair of trousers that don't fit. If his club don't want him back, and why would they if they were happy to send him away for a season in the first place, then it's tough. And that's even if Monk is the one making such decisions, which is debatable at the very least.

But we're now at that point with the manager where literally everything he says or does is like sounding the bugle for the hounds to chase the fox.

6 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Go on then Mortimer, why the red arrow?

Never realised I was required to file a report any time I click on one of those things.

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Loan arrangements for footballers aren't like returning a pair of trousers that don't fit. If his club don't want him back, and why would they if they were happy to send him away for a season in the first place, then it's tough. And that's even if Monk is the one making such decisions, which is debatable at the very least.

But we're now at that point with the manager where literally everything he says or does is like sounding the bugle for the hounds to chase the fox.

Never realised I was required to file a report any time I click on one of those things.

Very condescending even by your standards.
Clearly if the loan is not working there is an option to send back even if a fee is involved. The team is crying out for midfielders since he binned Hutchinson off. Perhaps he should have made a decision to bring a midfielder in bearing in mind he brought how many forwards in in January. There must be a saving on Hutchinson’s wages as he has been sent away. We wouldn’t pay him in full would we?
As a football manager his decisions are analysed. That’s the nature of the beast with game he is in. My opinion is his decisions are not very good.  My decisions at work are analysed and if people think they are wrong they say so. I’m a grown up I can accept that. I don’t earn what Monk earns. 

You don’t need to file a report every time you red arrow but knowing your penchant for a lengthy wordy reply I was surprised you missed the opportunity. 

Monk must know the end is nigh because the only time you surface is to defend the indefensible, Jones, Carlos, Jos. Everyone you’ve backed. 

20 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Go on then Mortimer, why the red arrow?

10000 words of utter cack going round in circles. 

Uninformed, speculative, opinionated and strident prejudice is obviously vastly superior? Such is the social media age.

1 minute ago, stanningtonowl said:

Clearly if the loan is not working there is an option to send back even if a fee is involved.

Is that so? I've no idea about this deal, but I do know that plenty of times parent clubs have had no interest in having the player back early. And it also makes an assumption about our current financial status which to say the least has shown the signs of being somewhat strained.

5 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

The team is crying out for midfielders since he binned Hutchinson off. Perhaps he should have made a decision to bring a midfielder in bearing in mind he brought how many forwards in in January. There must be a saving on Hutchinson’s wages as he has been sent away. We wouldn’t pay him in full would we?

More guesswork about so many things, some of which may have little to do with Monk. 

6 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

As a football manager his decisions are analysed. That’s the nature of the beast with game he is in. My opinion is his decisions are not very good.  My decisions at work are analysed and if people think they are wrong they say so. I’m a grown up I can accept that. I don’t earn what Monk earns. 

If that's all it was then fine. He's hardly covering himself in glory. But it isn't. We see this EVERY time a manager has the tide of support turning against him. If he's performing that badly then surely the evidence is there without the need for piling up all this speculative and irrelevant stuff?

The ad hominem whinging doesn't help your cause either, but hey ho. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I can't understand why Monk just doesn't come out with a statement along the lines of "all players have the opportunity to play by working hard in training and impressing. The players who played in the last game have the job of playing well to keep the shirt."

It would be nice if that was possible but when you are dealing with a player on loan I think the manager has to be exceptionally careful. Say anything that runs the player down and you might find the parent club is on your case. You might be affecting their chances of selling the player or reduce the fee they might get.

Do that a couple of times and you might find it exceedingly difficult to get loans in future.

I'm not saying that is the case here but that's how I'd play it if I was in the hot seat.

Monk definitely doesn’t like something about certain players. Westwood, Hutch and also Bates. Big characters? Players that speak their mind? Don’t know enough about Bates to say what he is like as a person or a player for that matter. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk said: "You have to make these decisions. Some players are involved and some players are in and out of squads. These are the decisions that I have to make. 

“Someone will always be left out, that’s just the nature of when you have the squad of this size.

"You make decisions on the players who you think are best to play and he [Bates] has found himself in a position where he has not been involved in the squads.

1x1.png

"But those are the decisions that I have to make; you do that in every single season at every single club so there is nothing strange about that.

"It is just the decisions I have to make."

That’s just code for “I think he’s w4nk”.