Monk vague over David Bates omission

Monk said: "You have to make these decisions. Some players are involved and some players are in and out of squads. These are the decisions that I have to make. 

“Someone will always be left out, that’s just the nature of when you have the squad of this size.

"You make decisions on the players who you think are best to play and he [Bates] has found himself in a position where he has not been involved in the squads.

1x1.png

"But those are the decisions that I have to make; you do that in every single season at every single club so there is nothing strange about that.

"It is just the decisions I have to make."

So basically it's Monk's decision on whether to make the decision to include Bates, and his decision was to decide he isn't good enough. And that's his decision.

• Like 1

Another odd situation. Be nice if all future transfers where Monks decision and not certain other individuals. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
5 minutes ago, donoghue said:

Clearly not good enough

Yes, I think effectively that that is what Monk is saying, although why he can’t be more up front about this, well who knows

Perhaps GM should have been a politician rather than a football manager ?

Crikey. If he’s like that in the dressing room and on the training pitch, no wonder we’re shît. 

• Haha 3

Based on the "Decision he had to make"

He made a decision..he had to make...based on his decision makin'

I'm surprised his interviews don't last longer....

"I picked Joey...Cos it was Joey I picked...on me picking capabilities...which is basically based on picking and picking Joey was me pick...That I picked....Next question???"

"err...nah that'll do Garry thx...................................

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, I think effectively that that is what Monk is saying, although why he can’t be more up front about this, well who knows

Perhaps GM should have been a politician rather than a football manager ?

To then  get piled on for openly criticising players.