Digital Matchday Programmes

With games looking more and more likely to be postponed or played behind closed doors, matchday revenue will practically become zero.

I don’t know the figures how many matchday programmes we sell, or even how much they cost for that matter, but surely it will be a hit to our revenue. Even if say 2,000 fans buy one every home game at £5 each (complete guess work, numbers may be way off), that would bring in £10,000 per home game until the end of the season. With 5 home games left it could bring in enough to pay about 2 players wages for the week (very depressing). Still it’s just a few quid extra into the club. 

It could also be something we could look to do in the future, it may also reach a wider market to those who can’t/don’t attend games.

Strangely enough when googling online matchday programmes Stevenage were the top hit and offer theirs free. 

Are they any other ways or ideas of how to bring revenue into the club during a potential crisis? 

Apologies if this has been covered before, or maybe we already offer this service, but I haven’t seen anything.

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

You need to be smashed to watch us right now. 

Given our appauling perfornances under GM,watching the current side is enough to drive anyone to drink because that's the only you'll get out of watching that rubbish.lol

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

With games looking more and more likely to be postponed or played behind closed doors, matchday revenue will practically become zero.

I don’t know the figures how many matchday programmes we sell, or even how much they cost for that matter, but surely it will be a hit to our revenue. Even if say 2,000 fans buy one every home game at £5 each (complete guess work, numbers may be way off), that would bring in £10,000 per home game until the end of the season. With 5 home games left it could bring in enough to pay about 2 players wages for the week (very depressing). Still it’s just a few quid extra into the club. 

It could also be something we could look to do in the future, it may also reach a wider market to those who can’t/don’t attend games.

Strangely enough when googling online matchday programmes Stevenage were the top hit and offer theirs free. 

Are they any other ways or ideas of how to bring revenue into the club during a potential crisis? 

Apologies if this has been covered before, or maybe we already offer this service, but I haven’t seen anything.

Cant believe you don't know how much a match day program costs. The town cryer bellows it out every home match. lol

Guest Grez Bez

Maybe the club should create an app (like a pattreon) 

You get

Highlights a day early. Exclusive content. Free programme each match Day

8 hours ago, Greengrass said:

Cant believe you don't know how much a match day program costs. The town cryer bellows it out every home match. lol

Probably because I haven’t been since last season as Hillsborough depresses me and I get to see every game on ifollow and Sky now.

Potg is too much for me also unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Probably because I haven’t been since last season as Hillsborough depresses me and I get to see every game on ifollow and Sky now.

Potg is too much for me also unfortunately. 

Thanks to the electric atmosphere at Hillsborough, the town crier is quite audible during live streams. Hearing him is typically the highlight of the match.

"PROGRAMMES THREE QUID!"

• Haha 2

The best part of going any game, is  to buy a match day programme from the seller,because it created a real buzz about Matchdays.Sadly Programme sellers at grounds sadly are now an endangered Species.:duntmatter:

Edited by parkfieldowl14