Interesting read in todays Yorkshire Post

1 minute ago, torres said:

It wasn't me that said it, i just agreed.

No need for a heart attack 

Why would you agree to such a self serving post though?

its a nonsense

Those sitting online all day criticising every media outlet should have their internet taken off em

lol

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would you agree to such a self serving post though?

its a nonsense

Those sitting online all day criticising every media outlet should have their internet taken off em

lol

As the briefest of brief oversights it is passable as an article  - just!

It fills space set out to discuss Wednesday, so job done as far as the paper in question is concerned

It would be the equivalent of us writing Man City will need a defender next season or Arsenal have to improve in the transfer market  - its just basic stuff.

If people are unaware then i apologise. 

• Like 1

Just now, torres said:

As the briefest of brief oversights it is passable as an article  - just!

It fills space set out to discuss Wednesday, so job done as far as the paper in question is concerned

It would be the equivalent of us writing Man City will need a defender next season or Arsenal have to improve in the transfer market  - its just basic stuff.

If people are unaware then i apologise. 

apology accepted

glad you’ve finally seen the light

now don’t do it again

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, torres said:

What did you learn from the article that you didn't know?

Apart from we conceded 4 in the first half against Brentford, when we all thought it was 3?

What an odd comment. 

It's a perfectly reasonable depth of coverage for a daily paper. If you're a committed Wednesday fan the answer will be you didn't learn very much.

But most people will have only the haziest idea of what the position at Hillsborough is. 

Just now, thewookieisdown said:

What an odd comment. 

It's a perfectly reasonable depth of coverage for a daily paper. If you're a committed Wednesday fan the answer will be you didn't learn very much.

But most people will have only the haziest idea of what the position at Hillsborough is. 

This.

But some find it necessary to feed their own egos by posting that they already know everything 

It’s a social media phenomena and no mistake 

Before the internet we never had blokes running between groups of people shouting “I ALREADY KNOW THAT”

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

What an odd comment. 

And after reading it will still have the haziest idea 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How bad must you feel knowing he posts more insightful things online than you do then?

lol

The day Biggs writes something insightful is the day Joey Pelupessy wins the Ballon D'or  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

For me, if Monk stays now then he has to oversee the rebuild. If we want someone else to do it, then they have to be brought in ASAP. There are other players aside from the out of contract ones that need to be moved on (in my opinion); bringing somebody else in at the end of the season means they have to re-assess the squad themselves and waste more time. It's a tough situation.

for me Monk HAS to stay and oversee the rebuild, he'll have seen enough to finally decide who needs to be moved on in the summer

my worry is someone new comes in, results improve and contracts are dished out when they shouldn't be, this viscous circle will then just continue.

I'm thinking back to Bruce giving new contracts to Lee, Westwood and Palmer, I'd have released all of them.

this season I want them all released a part from Fletcher (on a sensible contract so would mean wage cut) and Fox as he's a good squad player, but if I'm honest if both leave I wouldn't lose much sleep.

The rest HAVE To go, also Rhodes, Westwood and Lees we should look to move on as soon as the season ends.

I'd also be listening to sensible offers for Bannan and Reach, as long as we re-invest back into the 1st team with young, hungry players

4 hours ago, torres said:

Must have taken the best part of 15 minutes to write that brilliant insight 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

*someone posts media clip*

*Immediately the content is ignored and the publication/journalist attacked instead*

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

It's a comment on content, not the writer.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You missed my point

I'm not talking about THIS article

I'm talking about ANY article that's posted on here and the immediate need for fans to jump on it rather than discuss the content of it

And then when you bring it up (as I have done above) you immediately get the critic of the journalist coming back at you saying 'yeah but...' about that particular article

Just in case anyone wants a summary of the content.

Essentially its

NOT

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME