Footballs Coronavirus Plan Revealed

1 minute ago, Justbeanz said:

Just watching the Man Utd match and according to the commentator there's talk about putting the Euro's off until next year.

UEFA are meeting on Tuesday to discuss the whole coronavirus situation, postponing the Euro's to next year is on the agenda.

Just got an email from my account manager at Vancouver Whitecaps... MLS season has been put on hold for 30 days...

This will result in 2 home games being postponed and 1 away game.  Looks like we will be doing a couple of midweek "makeup" games...  

Not sure it's been mentioned yet but just like the flu, everyone will probably get it at some point or another before there is a vaccine. It's when not if. 

Most will be under the weather similar to flu but many who have serious underlying health issues will struggle to fight it. 

The approach in the UK is designed to delay it spreading, not stop it spreading. We would rather have the peak in the summer rather than end of winter / early spring basically to take pressure off the NHS at what is already a busy time of year. 

I think this season is more likely to mean next season is postponed until they can complete this one, behind closed doors or not.

The history books might recognise this season as 2019/2020/2021.

Edited by Mystic Neg

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

It beggars belief that Cheltenham has gone ahead 

Surprised me too, there's talk of meetings taking place next week with no spectators, I don't see point with midweek meetings as attendances are very low with only a couple of hundred at some meetings.

Edited by bradowl

Guest mkowl

To me it just seem football suddenly seems a bit unnecessary. Everyone, players, clubs, spectators are all a bit distracted and half hearted about it so if that is the case why bother continuing.

Ultimately despite the 10000 threads on here and our comments football really isn't that important compared to real life concerns

1 hour ago, Mystic Neg said:

Not sure it's been mentioned yet but just like the flu, everyone will probably get it at some point or another before there is a vaccine. It's when not if. 

Most will be under the weather similar to flu but many who have serious underlying health issues will struggle to fight it. 

The approach in the UK is designed to delay it spreading, not stop it spreading. We would rather have the peak in the summer rather than end of winter / early spring basically to take pressure off the NHS at what is already a busy time of year. 

I think this season is more likely to mean next season is postponed until they can complete this one, behind closed doors or not.

The history books might recognise this season as 2019/2020/2021.

The leading virologist in the country was just interviewed and said he’s confident by mid April they will know how to treat it. 
A vaccine however is still many months off, maybe 12 

28 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Ireland already doing it 

Thing is Tinks, the people who will end up caring for the school kids while the parents are working will probably be the grandparents, or...…….  the people who are most at risk,  FFS.

21 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Ultimately despite the 10000 threads on here and our comments football really isn't that important compared to real life concerns

Try telling that to Bill Shankley, MK.  lol 

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Thing is Tinks, the people who will end up caring for the school kids while the parents are working will probably be the grandparents, or...…….  the people who are most at risk,  FFS.

Try telling that to Bill Shankley, MK.  lol 

If you read his biography it is suggested that he was being ironic not literal