Footballs Coronavirus Plan Revealed

Its about trying to contain and do whatever is possible to minimise the spread of the virus thats most important now. Whether its just a bit of flu or full scale pnumonia doesnt matter, the NHS will atill be crushed with those sick people from this. That also means that other medical emergencies will not be able to be dealt with.

Playing our games BCD or postponing them at least means that 20 thousand plus possible ways for indection to spread is eliminated and thats just at our place alone. How many times has the person next to you coughed, sneezed or trumped in your earhole?

Lets say 17k average gate across the division (total guess) x 12 teams = 200 thousand people in total all in close proximity at just 12 events. Makes sense to just remove that chance of easy infection from the equasion. 

People need to take this a lot more seriously. Whilst most wont get nowt but a bit of flu, theres plenty out there that wont be so lucky. This could be one of those things where everyone gets it or will know someone whobhas been affected by it. 

Plus were playing poo , so may as well be comfy and watch it from home where its warm and it can be turned over lol. 

2 hours ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Massive over reaction, we are in the hands of idiots.

That suggests to me you don't have a full understanding of the possible ramifications. It's not just people with the virus that may have issues, the massive burden on the NHS (especially if large amounts of the health care workers contract it), could mean people who contract other diseases or have heart attacks, strokes, car accidents etc., may die as a result.

Thats why trying to do as much as possible now and spreading out any infections is important.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spookone said:

That suggests to me you don't have a full understanding of the possible ramifications. It's not just people with the virus that may have issues, the massive burden on the NHS (especially if large amounts of the health care workers contract it), could mean people who contract other diseases or have heart attacks, strokes, car accidents etc., may die as a result.

Thats why trying to do as much as possible now and spreading out any infections is important.

Yeah there’s a massive burden on public services because people are overreacting.  It’s a trickle down The media have fuuucked the whole world up 

8 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

This is inevitable.

I can honestly see all the European leagues being srapped and start again next season.

I think it will escalate quickly from here on. Confirmed cases have gone up like this 52,83,134, over the last 3 days. Project that forward 200, 350, 550, 800, 1400, or something close. That's the confirmed cases, the actual number will be much greater.

I'm not commenting on the general situation but from a football perspective it's obvious some players will catch it and shut their club down, once a few clubs can't play there is no point going on playing behind closed doors.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

It's because of the media whipping up a frenzy, that some people are panic buying when there is no need to at all. 

You mean like in Italy where they have shut bars, restaurants, clubs, SHOPS, etc. If you don't prepare what are you going to eat if there are no shops open.

The government is behind the curve here, telling old people not to go on cruises and to self isolate FOR A WEEK if you have symptoms is not going to cut it.

WAKE UP. If it all blows over then we can all laugh about it. If it doesn't at least you will have taken precautions to protect your family.

It’s basic common sense to suspend or have games behind closed doors. It’s about isolating the virus. If just one person has it and attends Saturday, how many might they infect?

I appreciate it’s not 28 days later but I’m not taking the risk. I think Boris is totally wrong in his thinking. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, prowl said:

I think it will escalate quickly from here on. Confirmed cases have gone up like this 52,83,134, over the last 3 days. Project that forward 200, 350, 550, 800, 1400, or something close. That's the confirmed cases, the actual number will be much greater.

I'm not commenting on the general situation but from a football perspective it's obvious some players will catch it and shut their club down, once a few clubs can't play there is no point going on playing behind closed doors.

100%.

There is zero chance of the football season's being finished. 

It's all step by step but yup...all sport and events will be stopped before April or May.

It would be stupid not to. 

I still can't believe Cheltenham went ahead tbh.

Money talks...I guess. 

• Like 1

I know this sounds a bit of an insensitive question but how are the EFL going to implement FFP or whatever it’s called now when clubs will all be losing maybe millions through loss of ticket sales if it comes to playing behind closed doors or postponing / stopping the season. Pretty sure we would still have to pay the players ....

4 minutes ago, darklord said:

I would love them to cancel the season and all relegations. Leeds would love that. 

It also means our points deduction wouldn't matter 😅

Unless EFL decide coronavirus is our fault and deduct us an additional 12 points carried forward to next season. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

I think it's nailed on that all football will be cancelled for at least a month and season extended into summer with Euro 2020 moved to following summer. 

This is only option if they want domestic football season to be completed.