Footballs Coronavirus Plan Revealed

12 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4a4886bb3a0a5f1908bf12bf96c795fa.jpegMeanwhile massive crowds are still enjoying their freedom to watch horse racing. Will be fascinating to see whether the mortality rate from the virus goes up dramatically following four days like this. 

A cynical individual might say it's a huge money spinner into the economy.

FAO of the “it’s only flu” brigade:

Yes, it is very similar to flu and the death rate (thankfully) isn’t that high. In isolation, that’s not the issue.

The issue is that if everyone (or a load of people) are ill, the NHS will NOT cope. Even if you recruited as many clinicians as possible, spent a bottomless pit of money, this would still leave is unprepared. So the people that would otherwise survive, might be too far down the queue.

Then that’s added to other conditions the NHS has to serve. What about babies due over the next few months, cancer treatment, surgery? 

Yes, it is only flu, but don’t be so naive not to look at the bigger picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

FAO of the “it’s only flu” brigade:

Yes, it is very similar to flu and the death rate (thankfully) isn’t that high. In isolation, that’s not the issue.

The issue is that if everyone (or a load of people) are ill, the NHS will NOT cope. Even if you recruited as many clinicians as possible, spent a bottomless pit of money, this would still leave is unprepared. So the people that would otherwise survive, might be too far down the queue.

Then that’s added to other conditions the NHS has to serve. What about babies due over the next few months, cancer treatment, surgery? 

Yes, it is only flu, but don’t be so naive not to look at the bigger picture.

Exactly, even if most people aren't terribly affected, there's still a huge at-risk population. Which is why containment and discipline is important, but it's also important that people don't go mad. Although it's difficult to find such balance.

3 hours ago, wilfsmith said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4a4886bb3a0a5f1908bf12bf96c795fa.jpegMeanwhile massive crowds are still enjoying their freedom to watch horse racing. Will be fascinating to see whether the mortality rate from the virus goes up dramatically following four days like this. 

Check sky bet for the odds on it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Bach said:

In a thread in which you berate people for having a point of view you post an unsubstantiated lie.

Well done.

It’s pretty inevitable though isn’t it?

Travel of tens of thousands of different nationals to different territories across Europe, all at different stages of what is now a pandemic. Plus catching up on domestic seasons (which if not abandoned completely will need to be settled).

18 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

It’s pretty inevitable though isn’t it?

Travel of tens of thousands of different nationals to different territories across Europe, all at different stages of what is now a pandemic. Plus catching up on domestic seasons (which if not abandoned completely will need to be settled).

I cannot see how they cannot cancel the Euro 2020. Bosnia now want a postponement of their playoff tie with Northern Ireland. The reason is that the majority of their players live and play in countries who need to be quarantined for 14 days if they come into Bosnia. If they add Northern Ireland on to that list, how will they play the match?

Postponements are adding up across the Footballing world. When will the Seville/Roma and Inter/Getafe matches be played? Will of this be cleared up within 1 or 2 months? I don't think so.

Personally I think they will finish this season by playing it into next season and shortening next season. I cannot see how they can just cancel this season but the leagues cannot go on as they are.

13 hours ago, vulva said:

I’d just cancel the season. If for example Leeds need to win to go up do they not realise 1000’s would turn up at the ground. Having read about Italy tonight I honestly think the country needs to go into lockdown. 

Talking Spanish flu numbers but within an older age range this thing is serious

6 hours ago, SupremeOwl said:

This isn't just flu. Its that attitude thats got it this far. Some people need to seriously wake up and start taking this seriously. 

I take it you’ve self quarantined then just in case ?