Questions for the new Owls Trust

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I think they'll find that the owner isn't a very receptive individual for the fans to communicate with. I suspect his culture, whilst being polite, isn't used to challenging questions, which I suspect is the reason for this new group.

As I said, there's no one else at the club to even engage with so how will this even work?

I suspect he'll simply ignore them, or thank them for their interest and hope they continue to support the club (and buy a ST before the next deadline).

If he ignores them - will this new Owls Trust continue to take membership payments from it's members and if so why?

Owlstalk Shop

Then you have the question of the new Owls Trust having a membership number (let's say they get 10,000 fans onboard)

If the chairman communicates with them in private meetings and the Owls Trust communicates that meeting to their 10,000 fans - that causes another significant problem in that the rest of the fanbase doesn't hear about it, therefore creating a batch of fans who are in touch more than others with what's going on etc etc

Not to mention the pretty much immediate criticism that will come from fans that 'THE OWLS TRUST DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME/WEDNESDAY FANS' 

Owlstalk Shop

“The Trust’s membership will decide how the Trust will be run in future, who will form the board, and whether we as individuals have a role in that. Our job for now is to ensure that the Trust is established.”

Kid: Look mum, I’ve built a Space Rocket

Mum: How lovely, where is it now?

Kid: I don’t know, somewhere in space I think.

lol

I think the only way stuff like this works is if the club is involved from the offset, otherwise its a them and us scenario straight away 

Somehow the fan base needs to elect 4 or 5 people to represent their views to the club

The club sets out quarterly meetings with the elected few to discuss points raised.

The minutes from all meetings get published to the wider audience 

It's never ever going to be groundbreaking BUT it can help with the general relationship between fan and club 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

I think the only way stuff like this works is if the club is involved from the offset, otherwise its a them and us scenario straight away 

Somehow the fan base needs to elect 4 or 5 people to represent their views to the club

The club sets out quarterly meetings with the elected few to discuss points raised.

The minutes from all meetings get published to the wider audience 

It's never ever going to be groundbreaking BUT it can help with the general relationship between fan and club 

The second it's set up, the second one of the north stand cool kids will start slating it as 'not talking on my behalf' etc etc and within a couple of weeks all credibility will be gone and the fanbase will eventually grow to hate it

Was the case with WISA, the old Owls Trust, Wednesdayite etc etc

Always happens

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If he ignores them - will this new Owls Trust continue to take membership payments from it's members and if so why?

Again, it depend of the terms of reference for the Trust. If its a supporters group to support the club and have social meetings; arrange travel and events, and community work, I can see the members wanting to know the overall benefits match their investment.

If the group's intention is to be an aggressive lobby group, I'm not sure if they'll get many members anyhow, particularly if the suspicion is DC/club will ignore them.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Then you have the question of the new Owls Trust having a membership number (let's say they get 10,000 fans onboard)

If the chairman communicates with them in private meetings and the Owls Trust communicates that meeting to their 10,000 fans - that causes another significant problem in that the rest of the fanbase doesn't hear about it, therefore creating a batch of fans who are in touch more than others with what's going on etc etc

Not to mention the pretty much immediate criticism that will come from fans that 'THE OWLS TRUST DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME/WEDNESDAY FANS' 

There probably no way any group would attract 10000 members, but I see the point you're making.

Realistically, let's say 1000. DC will know already that this number within the fan base have grievances/issues, and probably know the top half a dozen or so. Will a collective group saying the same thing make any difference?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The second it's set up, the second one of the north stand cool kids will start slating it as 'not talking on my behalf' etc etc and within a couple of weeks all credibility will be gone and the fanbase will eventually grow to hate it

Was the case with WISA, the old Owls Trust, Wednesdayite etc etc

Always happens

I don't disagree, but i think more than ever there is a requirement for something like this as DC seems so far from fan normality and appears to be getting further away each season 

We know it's only going to be the very basic of points discussed  (and so it should be) but if it gets a bit of normality into the club, a tiny bit of realism back, then it has to be worth doing 

But it has to be done well and not just like some half baked kids club!!

Best of intentions but just another talking shop after all. Really struggling to see what the ultimate aim is  except to be a member of a club. 

Why would SW want to engage with your group when you will in all honesty be a minority of the paying fans. 

We already have periodic fans forum or are you looking to replace these with your group, which would seem a little elitist. As the current fans forum is open, as long as you can type an email.

18 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Best of intentions but just another talking shop after all. Really struggling to see what the ultimate aim is  except to be a member of a club. 

Why would SW want to engage with your group when you will in all honesty be a minority of the paying fans. 

We already have periodic fans forum or are you looking to replace these with your group, which would seem a little elitist. As the current fans forum is open, as long as you can type an email.

I know this sounds defeatist, and Ive no doubt its all got the best of intentions for the club.

The sad fact is, I honestly don't think DC has any intention of engaging with anybody who is any way critical of his running of the club.

Its a group without any power..it might have a mandate, but sadly we sold our say in the gamble of the first two seasons

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

think that was the exception mate

lol

lol

yea I know, but it shows how high the feelings get....I mean Wednesday fans seem to have an aptitude for blind loyalty to the club, and blind antipathy towards each other.

Its like that time under the South with Wilko..."Teales got a Bentley"...I bloody stood there and laughed out loud...

"Remember the AGM"....every f.ooker bangin' on about diverse crap that wasn't constructive.

"Xbana Milan" ..turns to "Thank you Delphjon"....and still we get nowt....

The players do a lap of honour every sodding season...Luckily ...some call it a lap of thanks..We clap. pay up, end up disappointed...Xbana...thanks....Clap...disappointment.

20..f.ooking years!!!!!

I mean when someone on the Kop ..with a beard says "Who's that?" as they talk to Waddle at halftime at the City game...You think....."crikey, the poor sod...he's seen nowt bar a struggle"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

88DB6202-E1A4-4773-81D5-5C239B87B9FF.jpeg