A12owl

Will the Forrest match be cancelled?

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I hope it’s cancelled, I need to wash my hair. 

its hands we should be washing apparently 

It'll never catch on though 

• Haha 1

Hopefully the remainder of the season can be postponed, along with any impending EFL decisions

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

Hopefully the remainder of the season can be postponed, along with any impending EFL decisions

I'll agree to that, let's just call it a day and try again next season....everyone gets draw for remaining games and we have our best form of 2020! lol

39 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Arsenal's game this weekend (v Brighton) HASN'T been postponed and Brighton are insisting it will go ahead.

So I assume that the 14 day isolation period began when Arsenal met Olympiakos (13 days ago) and expires after tomorrow?

That would still put Forest in the isolation period though - if they are doing so (you'd have thought they would?).

And despite postponing tonight's game, Arsenal have played 2 games in that period - so will Portsmouth and West Ham players also have to self isolate? I appreciate that it's due to not wanting to take any risks whatsoever, but calling off tonight's PL game does seem excessive, when the "affected" players would have played in at least 1 of the 2 fixtures since, and it's now almost 2 weeks since they had contact with someone who most likely wasn't infected at that point anyway, and they've apparently shown no symptoms since the meeting. There's little point in going into self isolation for a couple of days now when they've been acting normally for 12 days since the contact, it's said that symptoms are likely to occur within about 5 days of being infected.

So based on that, it'd be ludicrous for our game with Forest to take place when Arsenal's game tonight has been called off - the guy probably wasn't even infected when his Greek team played Arsenal, but almost certainly was when he had contact with the Forest players last weekend.

4 minutes ago, Woodyowl450 said:

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/forest-owner-contracts-coronavirus/178172

Not sure whether this has already been posted or how good this source is but according to this they aren't planning to postpone.

Looks like that was published last night, before the Arsenal game was called off which puts a different perspective on things.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

FOREST PLAYERS JUST TESTED NEGATIVE

Monk's eyes lit up and he put them on his transfer wish list.

Monk says if the game is on he's going to play Westwood, Hutch, Rhodes, Bates, Winnall... etc  and keep his fingers crossed, whatever that means? :1276983839_MonkHome:

Posted (edited)

All tested negative.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

FOREST PLAYERS JUST TESTED NEGATIVE

Who did the tests, EFL?

• Haha 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

All tested negative.

So that means the game is going ahead? 

FFS

• Haha 1

If game is going ahead on Saturday I plan to enjoy it, might stop for an extra pint afterwards.

Might be last game we will be able to attend for a few weeks afterwards,

Surely a negative test so early on isn’t a definitive go ahead for the game.

I’d guess most of the Arsenal squad have been tested, and found negative, but tonight is still postponed due to the ‘isolation period’ 

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If game is going ahead on Saturday I plan to enjoy it, might stop for an extra pint afterwards.

Might be last game we will be able to attend for a few weeks afterwards,

Nurse!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Steelman said:

No idea pal, never heard of Forrest.

Alright, alright........... No need to 'Rock The Boat'

That’s a shame. I was looking forward to a stress free weekend. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Surely a negative test so early on isn’t a definitive go ahead for the game.

I’d guess most of the Arsenal squad have been tested, and found negative, but tonight is still postponed due to the ‘isolation period’ 

I think a test would show if you were infected even if asymptotic. If they show as negative now they will still be on Saturday (unless they get it from another source in the interim).

4 hours ago, A12owl said:

That's already been done. 

poo got in a fast as I could. A bit like a Pelupessy tackle...5 minutes too late!!

• Haha 1

That’s good news. Didn’t think they’d turn those tests round so quickly. Suppose they didn’t have time to do Arsenal etc before a decision had to be made.