Jump to content
A12owl

Will the Forrest match be cancelled?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Disagree with this. Although they should cancel football, close schools etc, they haven’t done so yet, as this is going to get a whole lot better worse. They are trying to maintain normality and enthusiasm for restrictions as long as possible. Schools will close soon, when we are closer to the peak. If you close schools now, the novelty will wear off in 2 weeks and they will be in the parks, right at the peak of the virus. 

Stop being so sensible!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s the English stiff upper lip, Keep calm and carry on as planned while taking sensible precautions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be amazed and annoyed from a safety point of view if tomorrow’s game is on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season over.

 

A creditable 15th place finish after a difficult season.  

 

Farewell to the out of contract players especially the legendary Adthe Nuhiu.  

 

See you in August!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Looks like it’s going to be announced today 

AF7F66FE-729B-4382-BE15-2D84A8995019.png

Quality replies below.

 

Made me laugh...a lot. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately can’t see them completely ending the season (wish they would) will probably just delay games for a few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Peter o Rourke on twitter saying EFL expected to suspend games for at least 3 weeks. Imo the number of people with it will be much higher in 3 weeks so can see the suspension lasting much longer than that. Just end the season now. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gives us three weeks to sort out a new manager and let him get to know the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Peter o Rourke on twitter saying EFL expected to suspend games for at least 3 weeks. Imo the number of people with it will be much higher in 3 weeks so can see the suspension lasting much longer than that. Just end the season now. 

Sod that. Bet 365 won't pay out ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaybeeowl said:

The virus will still be around and attendance at mass events will just lead to the infection rates increasing again after a brief lull. It's why school closures for a short period won't have much effect.

 

It's predicted that around 60-70% of the population is going to contract the virus at some point—it's all but inevitable now. Closing places and cancelling events is entirely about making sure that there's enough capacity in the health service to handle the more life-threatening cases. Much like Wednesday against City, we're in damage limitation mode, nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So when clubs have said their players are in self isolation does that mean that they will do that for 2 weeks or just until they have been tested and got results? Guessing people like Arteta will have to do the 2 weeks. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

The suspension of the NBA is one thing, but with all the promotion, relegation, play-off and cup issues in our format it opens up a vast minefield of interests where just about any proposed 'solution' will annoy a large number of clubs, leading to a potential bonanza for the legal profession.

 

This is why a decision should have come from governmental level—if the football league authorities announce a postponement/cancellation then it's a legal field day, but if the government announces the ban then that kills off any legal challenges from anyone (you'd hope).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

So when clubs have said their players are in self isolation does that mean that they will do that for 2 weeks or just until they have been tested and got results? Guessing people like Arteta will have to do the 2 weeks. 

 

Uncertainties with testing makes it difficult to say if you have the virus or not unless you have a clear idea of when you were exposed to it. Because of the length of the incubation period, you may have been in contact with people who have it and wouldn't know. Anyone with symptoms or suspected exposure needs to be isolated for two weeks (is the current advice from the WHO).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

 

Uncertainties with testing makes it difficult to say if you have the virus or not unless you have a clear idea of when you were exposed to it. Because of the length of the incubation period, you may have been in contact with people who have it and wouldn't know. Anyone with symptoms or suspected exposure needs to be isolated for two weeks (is the current advice from the WHO).


thank you dr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need the EFL punishment ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it make me a bad person for feeling a little happy there will be no football for a few weeks. Been a tough old season since Christmas, I’ve been a right mardy sod almost every weekend thanks to Wednesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

 

Uncertainties with testing makes it difficult to say if you have the virus or not unless you have a clear idea of when you were exposed to it. Because of the length of the incubation period, you may have been in contact with people who have it and wouldn't know. Anyone with symptoms or suspected exposure needs to be isolated for two weeks (is the current advice from the WHO).


In your opinion won’t the amount of people with the virus have increased massively in the next 2-3 weeks so the chances are football will be suspended a lot longer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vulva said:

Disagree with this. Although they should cancel football, close schools etc, they haven’t done so yet, as this is going to get a whole lot better worse. They are trying to maintain normality and enthusiasm for restrictions as long as possible. Schools will close soon, when we are closer to the peak. If you close schools now, the novelty will wear off in 2 weeks and they will be in the parks, right at the peak of the virus. 

 

It's like a giant experiment. Other countries are being more draconian so it's useful to have an outlier that means scientists can assess the effectiveness of a different sort of approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Does it make me a bad person for feeling a little happy there will be no football for a few weeks. Been a tough old season since Christmas, I’ve been a right mardy sod almost every weekend thanks to Wednesday. 

Given that thousands of people are going to die - including fellow Owlstakers presumably - I think the answer is a resounding "yes".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...