Not received mine for some reason. Must be on it's way.

• Haha 2

Perhaps one of the seals can ask why no professional English football team has dropped more places in the league in 2020 than Sheffield Wednesday ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thanks mate that clarifies it perfectly for me.

Hard to say what the answer is

Fans Forums are a rugby scrum of sycophancy and the only challenging questions pressed on are around women’s football and pies on the North Stand (in amongst the standing ovations by those attending for the chairman who has saved the club etc)

Replying to individual emails seems like a monstrous waste of time and resources which I’m sure even those emailing in would agree would be better spent working to sort the club out instead of emailing Barry from Parson Cross to tell him Pelupessy is a valued member of the squad so we can’t execute him.

This chairman should never even read this site never mind join it - it’s for fans not for chairmen - and even if he be some the most active member it would still only reach a percentage of our fanbase 

So looks to me like the only real answer is to start a new feature on the official channels to respond to fan concerns via the official website, and emailers to all fans registered with the club.

Of course the majority of concerns and issues that fans have could and would probably disappear if the club had a more open, honest, and regular communication strategy.

Either Trevor at the club isn’t being listened to by the chairman or Trevor is advising this mad current comms strategy - either way it needs to change and change FAST

Whilst I agree that generally the information coming out of the club is poor I don’t really see how regular updates from would be any different from the sanitised, PR managed tripe you get from every other club.

What do we expect them to say?

FFP - there’s no fresh news so it would be a reiteration of previous comms.

Form - it would be an expression of disappointment at the clubs bad run and a vote of confidence for Monk which would inevitably kick up more speculation.

Hutch/Westwood - Monk has explained his reasons for leaving them out, do we really expect the club to air their dirty linen in public?

The role of Paxiao wouldn’t be commented on as the club would just say he’s an advisor - no other club clarifies the job roles of their employees in press releases.

The reality is, like every single other club in world football, Wednesday want to control the information coming out & spin it positively or at least not negatively. 
The fact that he’s having this thing surely demonstrates that DC at least wants to get some of the story out there, just a little more on the down low  rather than an official statement.

Edited by Yellowbelly

28 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Why not email him yourself and ask ?   He might finally be able to put your mind at rest and say it’s ‘not going to be Bullen’ aswell 

I have thanks. 

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I have thanks. 

did he handpick your email into the spam box because it was a tricky question ? 

Posted (edited)

Who’s gonna thank our wonderful chairman for all the super duper things he has done or ask about the status of the women’s team? lol

Edited by Castleford Owl

22 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Category A biscuits £42

Category B biscuits £39

Category C biscuits £36

Category D biscuits £33

Category E biscuits £30

Category F biscuits £27

Category G biscuits £20

lol

19 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Who’s gonna thank our wonderful chairman for all the super duper things he has done or ask about the status of the women’s team? lol

3 cheers......

For hes a jolly good fellow.....

Hip...hip....

Dejphon give us a wave......

Stand up if you love Dejphon.....

23 hours ago, torres said:

Be interesting to see what comes out of it. 

How were these fans chosen? 

Soneone with binoculars looking for the people holding up the ‘Thanks DC’ banners 

What's for snap...

Corned dog?

Potted dog?

Boiled ham?

Tuna..lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

What's for snap...

Corned dog?

Potted dog?

Boiled ham?

Tuna..lol

doubt it'll be stuffed pork roll

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I’m stood outside and a blokes just turned up with a mirror.

:duntmatter:

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Haha 7

This meeting has been in progress for 1 hour a 23 minutes.............................................allegedly.

Any news yet....has the monologue finished yet? UTO.

Do we know anyone who’s gone to this and are we likely to see any updates on here?

1 minute ago, MrsHall said:

Any news yet....has the monologue finished yet? UTO.

Has anyone confirmed, from on here, that they were actually attending?

There's some very touchy people posting in this thread 😳

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Do we know anyone who’s gone to this and are we likely to see any updates on here?

Mirrored my thoughts.

DC’s got beers in