Is this legitimate??

17 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The 10 year ST smacks of cash flow problems. If existing ST holders buy it - ST holders who would all renew anyway which is highly likely given the investment required - it will probably hurt us when it comes to FFP. The accounting is a potential nightmare but given it's at least a 15 year ST the income would have to be spread beyond the nominal 10 year period thereby diluting revenue for FFP purposes. Or maybe he's just rewarding loyal fans. 

It might smack of cash flow problems but we don't know if that is due to DC being skint or because if he spends it will cause more problems with the EFL.

I don't know the answer, I just don't think we can infer anything concrete from the information.

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

It might smack of cash flow problems but we don't know if that is due to DC being skint or because if he spends it will cause more problems with the EFL.

I don't know the answer, I just don't think we can infer anything concrete from the information.

If we have cash flow problems or the money is starting to run out then FFP can possible save us.
Because without the FFP rules we probably would have gambled more money and have a much larger wage bill and lengthier contracts to contend with.

It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to point out that I've been a bedwetter for the last 4 years

No seriously. No pleasure at all. The Mrs is well pee'd off about it

Although I guess it could be me described as pee'd off

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to point out that I've been a bedwetter for the last 4 years

Your Mrs might have more reason to be pee'd off if she was pee'd on.lol

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If we have cash flow problems or the money is starting to run out then FFP can possible save us.
Because without the FFP rules we probably would have gambled more money and have a much larger wage bill and lengthier contracts to contend with.

As silver linings go, it's just a further indictment of our owner's stupidity

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

The current profit and sustainability regulations allow us to lose a maximum of £39m over the course of a rolling three year period. Our actual deficit up to the end of the last accounting year was (from memory) £67m. Despite this enormous overspend being apparent well in advance, we attempted a last minute panic measure to circumvent this which the league has taken exception to and could result in very harsh penalties.

Does any of this sound like we should have even the slightest faith that the club is being operated prudently and sustainably?  And yet according to the reports of this audience from His Majesty, there is nothing seriously amiss here. I didn't have much confidence in the direction of the club before, but my God, this is far worse than I could have imagined. The house is burning down around us yet he's still sat there with a snifter of brandy cheerily watching Countryfile and telling people not to bother phoning the fire brigade.

Up like the rocket; down like the stick.

Captures the situation perfectly, how can anyone burn through that much cash and not change the way they operate....if you do what you always did, you get what you always got

He is either misguided or richer than we think so can waste millions to prove that he was right all along!!

40 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I was regularly caught short from the time our "saviour" arrived - but the nappies went on in July 2015 when the Bristol City prices were announced. That's when scepticism turned to something stronger - and the friendly banter with the Chansiri fans started.

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

The current profit and sustainability regulations allow us to lose a maximum of £39m over the course of a rolling three year period. Our actual deficit up to the end of the last accounting year was (from memory) £67m. Despite this enormous overspend being apparent well in advance, we attempted a last minute panic measure to circumvent this which the league has taken exception to and could result in very harsh penalties.

Does any of this sound like we should have even the slightest faith that the club is being operated prudently and sustainably?  And yet according to the reports of this audience from His Majesty, there is nothing seriously amiss here. I didn't have much confidence in the direction of the club before, but my God, this is far worse than I could have imagined. The house is burning down around us yet he's still sat there with a snifter of brandy cheerily watching Countryfile and telling people not to bother phoning the fire brigade.

Up like the rocket; down like the stick.

DC-BIZ.jpg.c82bfeaceda2640d2007f640dffd5d36.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I doubt the EFL were involved in that decision. I'm not sure it connects to how much money DC has although it might relate to how much he is able to invest.

Clearly we don't have concrete info but the 10 year ST scheme doesn't help with FFP unless it attracts new ST holders and how likely is that?

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Clearly we don't have concrete info but the 10 year ST scheme doesn't help with FFP unless it attracts new ST holders and how likely is that?

It does not help P&S it actually makes it worse because none of the income from the 10 year season tickets can be realised in the accounts until the requirements of the scheme is met i.e. promotion to the premier league.

But in the mean time the £500 a fan we would be getting will be lost to the fact they have a free season ticket. So if 1,000 people took up the offer then we would lost £500,000 turnover every single season until we were promoted which at the rate we are going could be decades.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It does not help P&S it actually makes it worse because none of the income from the 10 year season tickets can be realised in the accounts until the requirements of the scheme is met i.e. promotion to the premier league.

But in the mean time the £500 a fan we would be getting will be lost to the fact they have a free season ticket. So if 1,000 people took up the offer then we would lost £500,000 turnover every single season until we were promoted which at the rate we are going could be decades.

It's an insane scheme. What makes it appear so obviously desperate, is the fact it's such a good deal for the fan, numbers wise.

DC is so out of touch with reality, he doesn't realise people don't have thousands (or tens of thousands!) of pounds sitting around to spend on football tickets in one lump sum.

In his mind, he does the numbers, thinks "this deal is so good nobody will be able to resist!!", and then sits back waiting for hoards of fans to take him up on it. Later, he wonders why very few have.

Out of touch.

4 minutes ago, bobness said:

It's an insane scheme. What makes it appear so obviously desperate, is the fact it's such a good deal for the fan, numbers wise.

DC is so out of touch with reality, he doesn't realise people don't have thousands (or tens of thousands!) of pounds sitting around to spend on football tickets in one lump sum.

In his mind, he does the numbers, thinks "this deal is so good nobody will be able to resist!!", and then sits back waiting for hoards of fans to take him up on it. Later, he wonders why very few have.

Out of touch.

This is a fair point, we know valuations of players bordering on delusional and unrealistic to expect supporters to gift thousands of pounds on a promise, when ticket prices at £39 causing a barrier to many attending games. 

Being realistic is the key part, player values, ticket prices seem to be set to support his business model of quick fix investment.

Football is very rarely a quick fix, needs time to build a promotion capable environment. Investment should be sufficient to support a business model, not the other way round where it is used to subsidise investment.

I'm  grateful for his investment, but would be more comfortable with a coherent business model and plan to go with it, even if this meant less investment from DC.

7 minutes ago, bobness said:

Out of touch.

Someone said to me that most of his schemes are small fry schemes they could make enough to pay the bills for a month or two or a bill electric bill for the stadium, but the schemes are so bizarre he will never get enough up take for significant funds.

It is the sort of thing you would get if a company/football club was struggling for cashflow - but as the ITK'ers keep telling us he has loads of money and cannot spend it for P&S reason.